Author Topic: Esther (O'Rourke) Doyle  (Read 3431 times)

Offline jsanders

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Esther (O'Rourke) Doyle
« on: Sunday 03 October 04 04:30 BST (UK) »
 Is anyone out there looking for an Esther O'Rourke?  She was born in about 1850 and died on July 29, 1923.  She married a John Doyle and they had 12 children together.  I have found her and some of her children on the 1901 census.  Her husband must have died sometime between 1894 and 1901.

I have been unable to find any official records of her prior to the 1901 census.    ???
Sanders (Connecticut, USA, originally from London area, England [Henry L. Sanders & Barbara Ann Warwick])
Laurie (Connecticut, USA, originally from Scotland [John Douglas Laurie & Nicholas Martin])
Fox (Connecticut, USA, originally from County Leitrim, Ireland [Patrick Fox & Mary McGovern] )
Doyle (Connecticut, USA, originally from County Leitrim, Ireland [John Doyle & Esther O'Rourke])

Offline kated

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Woman on the ground
    • View Profile
Re: Esther (O'Rourke) Doyle
« Reply #1 on: Monday 04 October 04 09:54 BST (UK) »
Hi,

Do you have her on the 1911 census too? I think this should be at your local family history centre too or at the Dublin Archives.

Her marriage is probably registered in the marriage registers available in the same place or the Dublin GRO or PRONI in Belfast.
Kate
Census transcriptions Crown Copyright, www.NationalArchives.gov.uk

Prior,Blyth,Ellis:Halstead, Ramsey Essex
Blyth,Faeres,Smith:Suffolk
Ballard, Driscoll, Costen,Miller:Kent
Driscoll, Ragan: Cork
Miller: Hardwick
Hardy: Burton, Derby, Ruddington