Author Topic: 1841 Lookup Please... Cowx  (Read 20657 times)

Offline millertom

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: 1841 Lookup Please... Cowx
« Reply #18 on: Friday 29 April 11 19:32 BST (UK) »
Details of living people removed

More follows
Roger

Offline millertom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 29 April 11 19:44 BST (UK) »
More details of living people removed.   Click on the green scroll under the user name to use our pm system.
Iam hoping to write a book about all the Cowx branches and would appreciate any photos of Canadian or US Cowx particularly Andrew Melville. Hope you can help

Best wishes
Roger

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Friday 29 April 11 20:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Roger
I am sorry to make such a nonsense of your post.  I have sent you a pm explaining our living people policy.  You obviously have a lot to offer but it can't be posted here!
Regards
Andrea

Offline Lisasuehelgi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Friday 29 April 11 21:37 BST (UK) »
Can he contact me personally, this information would be very inspiring to my Aunt who has longed to know her family on her fathers side???

Lisa
I am looking for the Mcnab/Day family in Liverpool?  My great  grand father was Adam John Mcnab and it looks like he was born 1898. His mothers name is Dora Day, who eventually moved to Vancouver, BC Canada or to Canada through the United States.  Any help or connections would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline Lisasuehelgi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Sunday 26 June 11 03:47 BST (UK) »
Would really love it if anyone has even young pictures of Andrew Melville Cowx whether with or without his family.......If anyone has a picture or knows of Ernest Cowx, Andrew's son...........that would be great too.  I have come so far but have come to a solid stop trying to research this family for my Aunt, who thank you to Roger is so happy to learn what she has!!!  hope to hear from any of you soon.....I do have so new information if anyone is interested??? 
I am looking for the Mcnab/Day family in Liverpool?  My great  grand father was Adam John Mcnab and it looks like he was born 1898. His mothers name is Dora Day, who eventually moved to Vancouver, BC Canada or to Canada through the United States.  Any help or connections would be greatly appreciated!!

Offline BobRogers

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Sunday 18 January 15 21:55 GMT (UK) »
I think this is important too, in addition to Andrew Melville's obituary, its says he left behind four brothers, James, Albert of Vancouver, Joseph of Ontario, Harold of Seattle, two sisters in England and one in Australia??  Now what i have noticed is some names have been changed ie. James could also be John??

Andrews Certificate of death says:  Andrew Cowx, date of death Sept.30, 1948, Place of death, Vancouver BC Canada, 55 years old. Born in England, residence at time Vancouver BC Canada. 

Andrew Melville's first wife Ada (Johnsey) Cowx, daughter of Enoch (parents Edward and Mary of Colesbourne Gloucestshire)  and Ellen Johnsey (parents Charles and Susan Ballingham) of Uckington Gloucestshire England.  Enoch and Ellen Johnsey left England Jan.5th 1863.  They moved to Charter Towers Queensland Australia. 

Because my Aunt was told very little about her fathers family, she doesn't know if her grand parents met in Vancouver or Australia.  She never met Ernest, and it doesn't seem she ever met his brothers or sisters.  There is a lot to her story she doesn't know which is why I am helping her search for her family and their history.  Hope  this new information sounds familiar to some one and thank you to Roger and Geoff for your help! and support!!

Hi;

I am Enoch and Ellen Johnsey's great, great grandson. Ellen was the daughter of Sarah (Dubber) and Charles Bullingham. Their firstborn was called Sarah Ann (1871). She was left behind in England and married a man called William John Mitchell who sadly died of tuberculosis in 1891 aged just 20. They had a daughter, Lily May Mitchell (1888) who married Aubrey Marsh in 1916. Their daughter, Lillie Annie was my mother. I often wondered what became of Enoch and Ellen's other children. Their early life was quite challenging. When Ellen was twelve she was working as a serving maid in the Noah's Ark Public house in Cheltenham.
Bob Rogers x

Offline Lisasuehelgi

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Monday 19 January 15 00:30 GMT (UK) »
Hello Bob Rogers! I am happy you wrote and told me a little about your great great granparents.  I had put this part of my genealogy away for the past few years as it did seem to be taking me anywhere.  I did locate one extended family member via facebook, and have kept in touch with her.  She is from the family in Australia.  I will pass your information on to my Aunt  who is the natural born grand child of Andrew Meliville, daughter of Ernest Meliville, who is the person i was helping to find her past family. 

Thank you again.  I have no pictures of this family, however my Aunt may, so i will ask her.  Cheers and have a great day!!! Lisa 

Offline millertom

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Monday 29 June 15 02:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Bob and Lisa I last heard from Lisa on 21st Nov 2012 about this family. I sent her a couple of emails back re possible ancestry of the Dubers, but did not hear back. I don't know whether she got them, but happy to send these to either of you if you contact me.  Roger

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Monday 29 June 15 09:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Tom,

I have just removed the email posted as we do not publish emails on RootsChat, as this is how spammers pick up on emails. You are safer to exchange details by private message.

I did notice that the email was also different to the one you use on RootsChat, are we still ok to use the one that we do for your RootsChat notifications ?

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk