Author Topic: Toronto City Directories lookup, Eleanor Luprecini  (Read 4624 times)

Offline kinged

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Toronto City Directories lookup, Eleanor Luprecini
« on: Monday 27 March 06 22:48 BST (UK) »
HI All
I have come across a letter dated Dec 1952 that was sent to my mother-in-law.
The letter is rather faded, but I think the address is 32 Harris ave W. Toronto.
The writer was Eleanor ( Nellie) Luprecini (Lupiecini) Who was a sister to my mother-in-laws mother who married an Albert Slater.
I believe Eleanor had two daughters, and her maiden name was Hughes; she emigrated from Merthyr Tidvyl in Wales to Canada, and I would be interested to see if there are any descendants of Nellie.
If anyone were able to help me with this I would be most grateful.
thanking you,
Frank.

Offline matildakin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Toronto City Directories lookup, Eleanor Luprecini
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 01 April 06 20:01 BST (UK) »
Frank,

The name is Lupiccini and the address is 232 Harvie Avenue.

I just went through 70 years of city directories and will soon post details of what I found.

mat

Offline kinged

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 01 April 06 21:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Mat.
Thank you for your reply. You've certainly gone to a lot of trouble which I very much appreciate.
In my first posting I said I thought Eleanor had two daughters.
My mother-in-law now says that she thinks the daughters, and maybe a son were born before she emigrated to Canada where she married Mr Lupiccini.
Eleanors maiden name was Hughes and she was called Nellie.
She may have been married before becoming Mrs Lupiccini.
I am looking forward to finding out what you have found about them.
Frank.

Offline matildakin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 01 April 06 22:22 BST (UK) »
Frank,

I sent you the details in a note instead.  Some of the information is a little too recent to post.

mat

Offline matildakin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 01 April 06 22:48 BST (UK) »
Frank,

If you're logged in, there should be message links at the top right of whatever Rootschat page you're in.  You can also go to Home then scroll down to the Personal Message section.

mat

Offline kinged

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 02 April 06 11:48 BST (UK) »
Thanks Mat.
I have found your message, it has been very helpful, I appreciate what you have done.
Frank

Offline matildakin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Saturday 15 April 06 22:53 BST (UK) »
Frank,

Some more info.  I came across http://thestar.pagesofthepast.ca/ which is an index of the Toronto Star.  You have to pay to see the actual newspaper pages but the search will tell you for free the day and page number of occurrences of whatever you're looking for.  I punched in "Lupiccini" and came up with a dozen hits.  I went down to the reference library to look them up but only had time to do a couple of them before closing.

In the May 25, 1938, edition is an account of the wedding of Elsie Lupiccini, daughter of Mr. and Mrs. Tony Lupiccini, to Samuel Mucignat.

In the November 28, 1947, edition is the obituary of Assunt Lupiccini, wife of Tony and mother of Elsie, Thomas, William, Ernest, Albert and Clarence.

I'm not sure where Eleanor/Nellie would fit in.  Is it possible that this is the wrong family?

mat 

Offline kinged

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Saturday 15 April 06 23:14 BST (UK) »
Hi Mat
Thank you for your help on Eleanor/Nellie, I think this is probably the same Tony, but it is possible that he was married twice, I believe Nellie married him late in life.
Best wishes Frank.

Offline matildakin

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Saturday 06 May 06 21:13 BST (UK) »
Frank,

I found the gravesite of Anthony and first wife Assunta in the Mount Hope Cemetery in Toronto.  He died on January 12, 1961, "aged 76 years".  At the library, I found his obituary in the January 13 edition of the Toronto Star.  His last name is spelled "LUPICCINE" there.  There are references to Assunta and their six children but nothing about Eleanor/Nellie.

mat