Author Topic: WATKINSON's of Upwell and Welney  (Read 8204 times)

Offline Keith Sherwood

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • The grass covers and the rain effaces. Victor Hugo
    • View Profile
Re: WATKINSON's of Upwell and Welney
« Reply #9 on: Saturday 22 April 06 10:11 BST (UK) »
Lorryloo,
As Cilla Black used to say when on T.V. it was a "lorra" fun finding them all, and you've plenty of pieces to start assembling your family tree now...
Keith

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 22 April 06 10:20 BST (UK) »
Hi Lorryloo and Kieth
Kieth you have been very busy and as Lorryloo said there is a lot to chew over .
will keep watching the post's.
Thank you again Kieth.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline Stephen james Bunn

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 11 September 14 10:48 BST (UK) »
Hi I am directly connected to Annie? She was born Tipsend,Welney.She worked as a scullery maid and ended up as cook to Lady Welby.She married my Grandfather in Upwell, they lived in Uxbridge in Middlesex.Annie started a lodging house and off licence on corner at Occupatiion road-Bell yard.
Grandad started a coal and coke business and then a building business where he built  the actual house they lived and died in? My family inherited this property? Annie passed in St.Bernards mental hospital? She was not mental??? when Annie passed she left 7 properties?
This is fact Lorryloo Annie never lived with a Dorothy? She had used to have a tipple of  whisky about twice a week from the bookcase in front room??