Author Topic: Barlow Family  (Read 1662 times)

Offline Barlowclan

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Barlow Family
« on: Tuesday 25 April 06 05:32 BST (UK) »
Hi,
I am looking for some information on my GGG Grandfather. Adam Barlow was born in County Down Ireland circa 1820. Married Catherine Curry/Currie born County Fermanaugh circa 1825. Their marriage took place in Liverpool in March 1845. According to the marriage certificate it said that Adam's father name was John Barlow (occ. Farmer) and Catherine's father name was Patrick Curry (occ. Cooper). The address for both families is listed as Redcrop street.
Adam and Catherine had 7 children born in Liverpool. Rachel 1846, Mary Ellen 1848, John 1849, James 1851, Adam 1852, Thomas 1854, Margaret 1857. Catherine and the kids traveled to Australia in 1858 on unassisted immigration on the Plantar. There were two other Barlow's on the ship whom I am assuming were Adam's younger brothers. (Nicholas 22, and James 25). Adam either traveled to Australia prior to Catherine or shortly afterwards. Alexander Barlow was born November 1859 in Melbourne, Australia. I am really stuck with John Barlow I am not sure what happened to him and would love to know his wifes name and any offspring aside from Adam, possibly Nicholas and James.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers
Wendy B.
Barlow Ireland, Liverpool Australia, Canavan, Gibson Scotland, London, Australia, James, Tweedie Carlyle, Dobney, Lovie Banff, Australia, Brownhill, Maddern, Lawrey, Ely, Poulter