Author Topic: Unknown Wedding  (Read 2108 times)

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Unknown Wedding
« on: Wednesday 24 May 06 19:08 BST (UK) »
Can you rootschatters help me.

This picture doesnt need restored but it does need some names to faces. It looks to me like a 1910-1925 period picture (although feel free to correct me!) and it was amongst my Grannys photos. It has been emailed to all family and all those I have made connections with via the family tree and I have found out zilch, nada nothing.

At the risk of sounding whiney, I WANNA KNOW WHO THEY ARE!!!!

Please have a look and if you know - post back!

Anna x
McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Holmes - Bawdsey, Suffolk
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Collett - Bredon, Worcester
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Rogerson - Dumfries and Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline Comosus

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Unknown Wedding
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 24 May 06 19:38 BST (UK) »
I would say 1920s.  Do you recognise any of the people in the photo?

Andrew

Offline Traysha

• RootsChat Member
  • Gd father John Smith
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 24 May 06 19:53 BST (UK) »
The cloche hats make me think it is the 1920's too.
Pugh  Bishops Castle
Burley Cradley Heath
Foley  Cradley Heath
Smith  Netherton

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 25 May 06 07:46 BST (UK) »
I know no one in the picture. Neither does my uncle or my father (it was in their mothers pictures).

Anna x
McLeods - Hartlepool, Liverpool, Inverness(?)<br />Simpsons - Carlisle, Westmorland<br />Harris - Carlisle, Kent<br />Reads - Birmingham and Staffordshire<br />Allens - Marylebone London<br />Zych - Poland
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline old rowley

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • first steps
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 25 May 06 09:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Anna,

Traysha and Comosus are correct in saying that they think that the photograph is from the 1920's. Everything about it from the set up of the people, the studio back drop and furniture and the dress of the bridal party all indicate this time frame. The cloche hats sets it firmly in this period as it started to appear by 1924-25 and was firmly in use until 1930, whilst large brimmed hats (as seen on the woman on the right) were still being worn by some women but more so during the summer months. The style of the brides attire also dates the picture to this period as does the hair styles of the two young girls at the front with the "daisy rings" .

old rowley
Claxton- East London & Essex<br />Cuthbert- Mile End East London <br />Edwards - East London & Essex<br />Goll- Norfolk<br />Harris-Mile End East London<br />Hurr - Suffolk<br />Law- Bethnal Green East London<br />Moll- East London<br />Robinson- Bethnal Green East London<br />Tait- Argyll & Glasgow<br />Thompson Shoreditch East london<br />Watson- Glasgow<br />Wood- Bethnal Green East London<br /><br />Local history interest; Noak Hill & Harold Hill Essex<br /><br />census information crown cop

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 25 May 06 12:19 BST (UK) »
Hi Anna,

I know the feeling with old photos - annoying isn't it - you are pleased to see old photos - but exasperated that no names appear!!

Can you try and work out the children's ages and if any family had kids born around that period and work backwards from that?

Just a thought.

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline CU

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 25 May 06 12:42 BST (UK) »
Anna,
They could be friends of your Grandmother and not relations. May be your Grandmother knew the Bride Mother! Do you know any of your Grandmother friend?
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline annaandchester

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Thursday 25 May 06 20:15 BST (UK) »
I have a feeling that it might be cousins or something but every family member and friend of the family has no idea who they are.
If you think this is bad, she also left an apprentices contract in her belongings from 1790 odd and the names their mean nothing either.
She must be enjoying watching me try to unravel her clues.

Anna x
Perks - Hampshire
McQueen - Carlisle
Carrick - Carlisle
Haugh - Carlisle
Irving - Irving
Harrison - Carlisle
Knight - Carlisle
Thompson - Carlisle
Johnstone - Carlisle
Wood - Ontario

Offline Polldoll

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Counting my Blessings...not the years!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Friday 26 May 06 20:19 BST (UK) »
Gosh  :o This must be driving you crazy .... the photo is really lovely ... in very good "nick "  have just   sharpened and darkened  to see if they look any clearer !
Reynolds Johnson Chapman Goodyear Wright   Demmon Maddison Jackson Bush Lingard<br />Lincolnshire Northants,Essex.   Soutar  McKenzie Stuart Watt Banff, Coupar Angus, Glen Livet, Broughty Ferry, Coatbridge, Airdrie Lanarkshire and Saskatchewan, Hamilton Wentworth, Canada. Phillips. Coyne- March Cambs, Islington,Hackney 1st Lincolnshire Regt 1914

Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople