Author Topic: Help! Baptism c1815  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Great Grandpa William Hillman
    • View Profile
Help! Baptism c1815
« on: Wednesday 07 June 06 16:48 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

Im stuck here with my Tedder's yet again!
im looking for William Tedder/Ledder/allsorts! grrr...
I have him now finally on the 61 and he says that his place of birth is Hounslow! Im hoping this is incorrect as i have found a great line of Tedders in the birth of a William in Holborn in 1817. But i need the correct chap! so can anyone help me??

Many many thanks,

Penninah  ???
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline Biker

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Help! Baptism c1815
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 08 June 06 13:49 BST (UK) »
Hi Penninah

If you post all of the details from the 1861 you've found, hopefully someone will have a go at helping out.

Cheers
Biker
Census information is Crown Copyright http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 08 June 06 14:19 BST (UK) »
Presumably the entry you've found in 1861 is the one for the individual living in Kensington transcribed as William Ledder: RG9/18 folio 98 page 30.  The birthplace is transcribed Hannslow, but as you say it definitely looks to be Hounslow.

His wife is Caroline and the eldest child 13, so a marriage which may be of interest is that of William Tedder Kensington Sep 1846 3 270.  On the same page is a Caroline Bowler (FreeBMD)

How can we help you identify whether this is the person you want him to be?

Anna
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 08 June 06 14:24 BST (UK) »
Ok here is the 61- Kensington, St Mary Abbots- Thomas St;-

William Ledder, head Labourer bc1814 Hannslow
Caroline ''  wife b1827 Peckham, Surrey
William  '' son b1848 ''
Sarah  '' dau b1850 ''
Henry  '' son b1855  ''
George  '' son b1859 ''
John Holms b1814 Lodger

I have Sarah's birth in Friern Barnet, April 2 1851
William James' is also on the 71 census as being born in Hounslow
Henry and George's births i have found in the Kensington district.

Regards,

Penninah
Doling- Middlesex/London +Hants, Morgan- London/Middlesex +Glouc, Vincent- London/Middlesex, Wambach (+Hamburg & Suffolk), Wadley & Wilkins.<br /><br />NORTHUMBERLAND; English, Huggup & Webster.<br />HANTS; Heath<br /><br />Any census info is crown copywright

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 08 June 06 14:29 BST (UK) »
Oooooh beat me to it!

Yes Caroline Bowler is the wife! Well i have found the birth of a William Tedder in 1817 in Holborn to a William and Sarah, i was hoping this was him as i know where this line of Tedders comes from! However there are no other William births on the igi but i have found the births of a John William and a Sophia Louisa Tedder in Hounslow 1836 and 38 to another William and Sarah Tedder! i know its a long shot as the years are way out but my William and Caroline's eldest daughter, Sarah's middle name is Louisa.???

Not sure how else im going to know who and where my William is from!

???
Penninah

Offline avm228

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 08 June 06 14:38 BST (UK) »
Penninah, do you have William and Caroline's marriage certificate?  It should tell you the name of this William's father.  If he's William then that doesn't prove anything one way or another, but if it's another name then I guess it would rule out the Holborn link for you.

Anna
Ayr: Barnes, Wylie
Caithness: MacGregor
Essex: Eldred (Pebmarsh)
Gloucs: Timbrell (Winchcomb)
Hants: Stares (Wickham)
Lincs: Maw, Jackson (Epworth, Belton)
London: Pierce
Suffolk: Markham (Framlingham)
Surrey: Gosling (Richmond)
Wilts: Matthews, Tarrant (Calne, Preshute)
Worcs: Milward (Redditch)
Yorks: Beaumont, Crook, Moore, Styring (Huddersfield); Middleton (Church Fenton); Exley, Gelder (High Hoyland); Barnes, Birchinall (Sheffield); Kenyon, Wood (Cumberworth/Denby Dale)

Offline Penninah

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 08 June 06 15:08 BST (UK) »
Hmmm i will have to get the cetificate! but like you say the only 2 possibilities i have come across are both called William!
What a pain! lol

Thanks for your help,

Penninah  :)