Author Topic: WATERFIELD in Tavistock  (Read 24917 times)

Offline terrymo

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Re: WATERFIELD in Tavistock
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 11:02 GMT (UK) »
Hi
Yes i think you have made the right connections and Mary's marriage to John Northey was very short-lived. There is definitely  a Doidge connection on the Waterfield line as one of Mary and Robert's children was named John Doidge Waterfield. 
Also, in 1901 my great grandfather, James Waterfield had a 7 year old child called Rosina Doidge living with them, but I've yet to find out who she was.

Anything you have on Mary Ferris would be appreciated, thank you.

Preece, Waterfield,Harding, Welman, Dewar, Rossiter, Hill, Cummings,Tregonning, Harman, Martinelli
This information is Crown Copyright, from "http://www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 12:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi,been on sofa all morning trying to sort this lot out!told dog to empty washing machine and make some lunch as I'm not moving until I make some sense of this.heres what I've got so far.
Have eliminated a few Elizabeth northeys and have her living with John and Elizabeth doidge nee yearns in 1841 census. Have no idea what connection she has too them. Have her in 1851 census living with James Richards and his wife betsey nee northey and believe I read somewhere she is their niece. James Richards signed marriage cert later that year.so that's a def.
Also found birth for Elizabeth DOIDGE northey in 1832 daughter of John northey and Mary ferris so there's a dif connection there with water fields but just can't connect northey,water field and DOIDGE. Have Mary ferris ancestry which I will get to you later.theres no doidges showing.

Offline elaine gray

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday 21 January 15 12:41 GMT (UK) »
Back again, checked Rosina in 1901 census, baptism cert shows no parents and is shown as boarder on census.thats another mystery for us .would have expected if she was relation it would have stated that?