Author Topic: Better picture  (Read 730 times)

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
Better picture
« on: Saturday 10 June 06 13:43 BST (UK) »
This is my  gt. grandfather bc  1825 died 1907 aged 83. Can anyone give me any clues as to his age and is that some sort of uniform, or just of the day. He was a letter carrier for the Post Office,

this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline Keith Bateman

• I am sorry but my emails are not working
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • .....The Cheshire Cat
    • View Profile
Re: Better picture
« Reply #1 on: Monday 12 June 06 00:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Patrish,

It is a very low resolution scan - any chance of a better one?

Here is my small attempt - don't know about the uniform - as people are aware  uniforms and me do not get on!!  ;D ;D ;D

Cheers

Keith
Bateman - Ware, Herts, London.<br />Partington - Liverpool - Devon - Manchester<br />Foster - Liverpool - Manchester - Scotland<br />Gates - Cumberland - Liverpool - Manchester - Australia<br />Westwood - Ware, Herts<br /><br /><br />"Any information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk"

Has Bouncing Emails

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 12 June 06 07:57 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help Keith, unfortunately the original is only some 3 x 2 ins. come to think of it, is that very small for that time? and as I don't have a scanner at the moment, this was a digital copy that was attached to my e.mail from a rellie in oz.

I do intend to take it to a photographer and try and get it done professionally, it very precious as its  the the only photo of him that I know of in existence, my mother was a great one for throwing photo's away!!! my father died when I was barely 3 years old, she kept none , but thanks to my aunt I  have 2 of him.

thanks Patrish
this information is Crown Copyright. from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk   London Hall, Thurston Stanley, Phillips, Ayrton, White, Morrish, Smith.    West Ham/Barking Saint,Briggs,   Essex  Barker,   Hampshire  Kill, Kent Spong,   U.S.A Earp, Scotland/Cumbria Templeton, Devon Morrish, Chudley

Offline PennyQ

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 12 June 06 10:58 BST (UK) »
Hi, Here's my effort

:) :)

cheers Penny
Quayle, Isle of Man
Branch, Hambidge, Stevens, Chilton, Wakeman......Middlesex, Hayes, Harefield,

Offline patrish

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Winter Wonderland
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 12 June 06 11:31 BST (UK) »
Thank you Penny, I think they are both better than the original, don't suppose you have any thoughts on clothes or his age do you?

Patrish.