Author Topic: HUGGINS  (Read 4114 times)

Offline carol_carress

• I am very sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
HUGGINS
« on: Friday 07 July 06 14:27 BST (UK) »
Hello Everyone, I am looking for information on Edith Huggins family. Edith was born in Ireland in 1921 or 1922 and was a nurse during World War II. Edith married George Carress in 1942 in England. The only information I have is the address where Edith's family lived.

Cottage was called: Clonty Grigney
           The Address was: Ardlogher, Belturbet
                                        County Cavan
                                        Ireland

I would also like information on Birth, Marriage and Death's of Edith's Mother and Father along with brothers and sisters. I would also like to know if there are still any of the family members are still living in the area. Any information on the family is greatly appreciated.

Offline aghadowey

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: HUGGINS
« Reply #1 on: Monday 15 November 10 12:03 GMT (UK) »
Going through old posts and found this one - have you already found the information on this family that you were looking for earlier? Since then lots of Irish resources have come online.

The 1911 census which is the latest one available shows 1 Huggins family in Clontygugny (written as Cluntycrigney on actual form)- a widow namd Maria with her son Andrew Samuel (age 34, single, farmer)
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Bilberry/Clontygugny/317826

Here's the same Maria Huggins in 1911 census- several other children listed:
www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1901/Cavan/Bilberry/Clontygrigney/1057366

The IGI (www.familysearch.org) lists Andrew Samuel Huggins born 23 Jan.1877 Co.Cavan, parents James Huggins & Maria Ross. Also Elizabeth Jane (1875), Anna Maria (1879).

Another online resource is the civil registration index- there's no birth record for an Edith Huggins in Ireland (any date) and only no Huggins birth in Co. Cavan for 1920/1929.
http://search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/start.html#p=collectionDetails&c=fs%3A1408347

Edith's marriage certificate should list her father's name and occupation which may help you find more details in Irish records but we aren't allowed to post details of living people.   
Away sorting out DNA matches... I may be gone for some time many years!

Offline Rainha

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 05 July 15 02:53 BST (UK) »
I know it is a long time since you posted your message.  Check "Kildallon Parish Church"  It is part of the Swanlinbar grouping of Church of Ireland Churches in Fermanagh and Cavan, Ireland.  They have an online research facility which allows you to enter a name in any of three categories...Births, Marriages or Burials.  There you will find info on James Huggins and Maria Ross and their family.  Their son Samuel married Isabella, and Edith is listed as being born in 1918 to them.  Hope this helps.

Offline MEW53

• RootsChat Member
  • My Mum & Dad - George & May Veighey
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 06 July 15 16:07 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I don't know if this is any help but I met a John Huggins a few times back in the 1960s when I was on a couple of school holidays from London. He was very well known to both my parents who grew up in Killeshandra.
I don't know if there is any relationship to your Huggins from Cavan, but thought it worth posting.
I have attached a link from the area where my parents lived and also John Huggins.

http://www.census.nationalarchives.ie/pages/1911/Cavan/Springfield/Portlongfield/341064/

Thought this might be useful.

Margaret  :) :)
Veighey, Isabella Montgomery, Wilson,  Haughtons ,  Arnolds, Morrisons & Kellets -Killeshandra, Co Cavan, Ireland, Whittaker- Conisbrough

Offline Sinann

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 06 July 15 17:49 BST (UK) »
There is a note under Carol-Carress name saying her email is not working. This means a moderator has tried to contact her but was unable, it also means she won't get an email telling her of your helpful post unfortunately.