Author Topic: Searching for Johnny WATKINS, born 1950  (Read 1840 times)

Offline Eve45

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Searching for Johnny WATKINS, born 1950
« on: Saturday 15 July 06 00:53 BST (UK) »
Hi all,

This is about recent family history - I've noticed other people have posted queries about current generations and missing friends, so I'll give it a try too.

I've been helping my cousin's husband find out about his previously unknown family history. He was born in London in 1942 and believed, until a few years ago, that he had been orphaned by the Blitz. He was in foster care from a very early age and later migrated to Australia.

Anyway, long story short, we've now found many members of his family including aunts and a sister. During this fascinating journey we discovered he has a half-brother, Johnny Watkins, born 1950. Johnny was also in care from a young age, but family members remember him. I've been unable to find a birth record for him, but his name and birthdate show up on the file for my cousin's husband from London City Council. He did visit with an aunt until he was a young lad, and his half-sister remembers him too, but nobody knows what happened to him.

We'd love to find him - does anyone know of John? As mentioned, he was born in 1950, probably in the Greater London area. His aunt remembers him as a lovely looking boy. He may have been a little bit deaf and consequently may have had a slight speech impediment. His mother was May Lavinia (Maisie) Watkins, nee Currie. Father not known because we can't find his birth registration. Not much to go on, I know, but sometimes you get lucky.

London City Council will not release information to anyone except the person themselves, so we have no way of finding out anything of his history from them. We have posted messages on many message boards and sent queries through Friends Reunited and so on, but John Watkins is not an unusual name and we've had no success.

If anyone can help it would really be wonderful.

Thanks,
Eve