Author Topic: FORBES, Aberdeenshire Forfar London, 1100 - 1800  (Read 1795 times)

Offline Stewart

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
FORBES, Aberdeenshire Forfar London, 1100 - 1800
« on: Saturday 30 October 04 22:46 BST (UK) »
I am looking for link between the Forbes of aberdeenshire and John Forbes of Forfar whose sons were born in Islington, London.

Offline cheryle.f

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Good job they all stayed in one place!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: Forbes
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 30 October 04 23:29 BST (UK) »
Hi Stewert...there is a small problem to be resolved with trying to see where this link could be,in as much as in your original posting you said that your john was born in 1800's.In the 1891 census of Islington there are at least 4 john forbes living as lodgers or boarders all single ,ranging in age from 18 to 34, and at least 3 or more married john forbes all married to english women ages ranging from 31 to 64 all these have children....any thing sound familiar?  All these men only have Scotland as their places of birth,but one has Ross,one Mayfield and one Money Murk but i would not know which districts these come into for Registrations. regards cheryle.f             
mussellwhite, musselwhite,curtis, grey or gray,bundy,moody, lawrence  and now Webb   in wiltshire,hampshire and dorset.
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.national archives.gov.uk

Offline Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 21 November 04 16:06 GMT (UK) »
Hi sorry I didn't respond but I forgot about this page!
I have found a John Forbes born in 1808 in Forfar Scotland. He met and married Phoebe Eleanor Sidman in London on 1 May 1837. I found this on Mormon web site.

Offline Ticker

• User is no longer receiving email notifications.
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Follow me on twitter @ShaunTymon.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 30 December 04 23:46 GMT (UK) »
Hi Stewart

Are you doing a One Name Study on the entire family name or are you just after information on these particular individuals?  :)

If the latter is the case I will gladly move the post for you to a more relevant board which may help to generate a response for you.   Please let me have any information on possible locations (County etc.) so I can place it in the right board.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Best wishes

Ticker
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Stewart

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Friday 31 December 04 19:54 GMT (UK) »
I want to connect early Forbes 1100's - 1500 to the Forbes of 1700's, 1800's as well as John Forbes.