Author Topic: Fogarty Family - Edgeworthstown  (Read 3095 times)

Offline Jenny Elizabeth

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Fogarty Family - Edgeworthstown
« on: Sunday 31 October 04 13:27 GMT (UK) »
Hello

My husband's cousin is a beginner family researcher living in Australia  and wants to study her paternal family in Ireland.  The family names were Fogarty and Smythe and they lived in Edgeworthstown/Mostrim.  I am going to send her some of the useful links but wondered if anyone can give further advice.  I know there are different areas of Edgeworthstown so will find out more.  

I have studied my own UK family history but understand there are differences in the way Irish records are kept etc.  

Many Thanks

Jenny Elizabeth :D
I am interested in Angliss and variants anywhere but particularly Coventry and the rest of  Warwickshire.   Also interested in Cramp and Burnett (Warwickshire) and Hayward (Lower Slaughter, Gloucestershire)

Offline Donni

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fogarty Family - Edgeworthstown
« Reply #1 on: Monday 22 November 04 22:49 GMT (UK) »
You could try the Edgeworthstown Parish Scrapbook website, it has some old photos and info/history on Edgeworthstown/Mostrim, the webmaster is from the area and very much into genealogy and history his email is included in the Contact section of the site:

http://www.mostrim.org/

Offline Jenny Elizabeth

• I am sorry but my email is not working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: Fogarty Family - Edgeworthstown
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 23 November 04 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Hello Donni

Thanks for this information.  I will have a look - I am sure my mother-in-law would be very interested to see it too.  Since I sent this message she went home to Ireland and brought back a book about the area with details of all the local families including the Fogarty family.    For anyone with connections with this part of Ireland this would be a fascinating read.

Thanks again

Jenny Elizabeth ;D
I am interested in Angliss and variants anywhere but particularly Coventry and the rest of  Warwickshire.   Also interested in Cramp and Burnett (Warwickshire) and Hayward (Lower Slaughter, Gloucestershire)