Author Topic: Newall/Le Lachuer/Gibaut - St Peter Port  (Read 2580 times)

Offline AlexNoodle

• RootsChat Senior
  • The Large Family circa 1906
    • View Profile
Newall/Le Lachuer/Gibaut - St Peter Port
« on: Wednesday 23 August 06 16:10 BST (UK) »
Hi Guys

I'm looking up a family for a friend and have found a Joseph Newall in 1901 in St Peter Port with his wife Bella and two children Ivy and Wilfred. Also with them is a stepdaughter Ruby Le Lachuer aged 20 and a stepson Alfred E Le Lachuer aged 6 weeks. I found Bella with her father Peter Gibaut in 1891 under the name Gibaut with her Le Lachuer children and I found her in 1881 with her husband Henry J Le Lachuer. I also have her with her parents in 1871 and 1861 under the name Gibaut.

I would like to know whether Joseph's children Ivy and Wilfred are his from a first marriage - he was born in Derby but his children are born in St Peter Port. Also I am wondering whether young Alfred is Bella's son born after Henry died? Or perhaps is he the son of Ruby - illegitimate?

As I do not have access to any BMD records for Guernsey I would appreciate any help for look ups of any Newall births in St Peter Port and marriages. Also any death for Henry J Le Lachuer - I know he was born in 1856 in Forest and was the son of Henry Le Lachuer and Rachel Brehant/Brehaut.

Bella was born in 1859 and her father Peter Gibaut was a Baker. Her mother was Rebecca born in Cornwall, her parents are with them in 1851.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Alex

Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk<br />Marshall: Leeds/Silkstone/Ashton/Hyde. Griffiths: Llanrhaeder ym Mochnant/Glyn Ceiriog/Ashton. Pilley: Chelmsford/Maldon. Hallas: Ashton/Stalybridge. Large: Tarvin/Manchester/Mossley. McDonald: Ireland/Whitfield/Mossley.