Author Topic: Geotge BRUCE left Embo 1922  (Read 2247 times)

Offline COLL TWO

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
  • BONDI BEACH 1939
    • View Profile
Geotge BRUCE left Embo 1922
« on: Saturday 02 September 06 12:20 BST (UK) »
I have been trying to find my grandfathers mother's name for a long time. He was George Brookes Bruce born 1894 in Dundee. His father was Robert Price Bruce and his mother may have been Janet. I believe she died in childbirth. I have no names of any of his siblings. He married Grace Mackay at Rubislaw Aberdeen in 1916, two years after my father George was born. They had 5 other children while living at Embo, Dornoch, before leaving for Australia on the Bendigo, Sept 1922.
Any information would be so appreciated.
Robert Price Bruce...father of George Brooks Bruce born 1896.

Offline Arranroots

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: GEORGE BRUCE LEFT EMBO 1922
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 September 06 12:47 BST (UK) »
Hi Coll Two

Welcome to Rootschat!  :)

You don't say where you have searched for your ancestors's records?

Have you tried http://www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk/search/birth/index.aspx for George's birth?  There are 3 around the right time witht he middle initial 'B' and others without.  They would provide the mother's name.

Alternatively the marriage of either George or his parents would give the info you require.

Sorry I have no credits currently to look for you.

kind regards, Arranroots  ;)
Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
SOM: BIRD, BURT aka BROWN - HEF: BAUGH, LATHAM, CARTER, PRITCHARD - GLS: WEBB, WORKMAN, LATHAM, MALPUS - WIL: WEBB, SALTER - RAD: PRITCHARD, WILLIAMS - GLA: RYAN, KEARNEY, JONES, HARRY - MON: WEBB, MORGAN, WILLIAMS, JONES, BIRD - SCOTLAND: HASTINGS, CAMERON, KELSO, BUCHANAN, BETHUNE/ BEATON - IRELAND: RYAN (WATERFORD), KEARNEY (DUBLIN), BOYLE(DUNDALK)