Author Topic: Llanidloes  (Read 3012 times)

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
Llanidloes
« on: Monday 16 October 06 22:18 BST (UK) »
Would or could a person born in the above town in1908 be registered in Newtown?. Thank You , bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,
Lockett/ Manchester, Harling/ Lancaster & Manchester

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Llanidloes
« Reply #1 on: Monday 16 October 06 22:24 BST (UK) »
Hi Bodger

Llanidloes was a sub-district of Newtown for Registration purposes, so yes!

http://www.fhsc.org.uk/genuki/REG/districts/newtown.html

Gadget  :)
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 16 October 06 22:30 BST (UK) »
Thanks Gadget, i think i may have found my step fathers birth !!. bodger
Attenborough, Bacon,Melbourne, Thorpe, Ride,Simpson/ Derbyshire, Judson,Bacon,/Keighley,

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 16 October 06 22:33 BST (UK) »
Good one then  :D

I've been to Llanidloes a few times in me yuff - a nice small town as I remember it.

I think they had a football team!

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Lloydy

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Jump into your genes...and dig up your roots
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 16 October 06 23:26 BST (UK) »

They certainly did have a football team, and still do!!!!!!

I venture to Llanidloes quite often to visit my Uncle, Aunty and other relations who still live there.  Dad still calls the town "home", and I love going there because the people are really friendly. 

Of course the highlight of my visit is being able to walk round the Dolhafren Cemetery taking photos of gravestones ;) ;)  Love it!!!!! ;D

Bodger.........which family are you researching from Llani?
All UK Census Transcriptions are Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Bennett, Owen, Owens, Hudson, Crisp, Challinor/Challoner/Chaloner, Lewis, James, Richards, Simon, Mills, Evans, Trow, Davies, Turner, Beaton/Betton, Lloyd, Jenkins, Evans.....and a ton of JONES!!!!

TROW From Wales to New Zealand

Offline bodger

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • bodger sen. jun.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 05 January 07 23:35 GMT (UK) »
Looking for Bradbury, my step father was William Eric Bradbury, 1908 / 52, i know he is buried in Llanidloes along with his first wife, she died a few years before him, not sure when or where, so difficult to trace, i do know her name was on the same headstone, but at the time, 50 yrs. ago, of me seeing it i had no interest in genealogy, has anyone access to cemetery records there who could give me a clue to her first name, and when she was buried, at the time of her death they lived at :- The Victoria Inn, Hepworth, Nr. Huddersfield, not sure where a death would be recorded, but if she died in hospital it would be likely to be in Barnsley, i know when Eric married my mother it is recorded as Staincross, i think that is a Barnsley area. Any help in identifying his 1st wife would be welcome. bodger