Author Topic: Emmanuel Taylor  (Read 1401 times)

Offline colinpgray

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Emmanuel Taylor
« on: Saturday 02 December 06 13:17 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

I'm trying to find any record (apart from the one below) of Emmanuel Taylor, probably born in the 1830's and who died before 1888.  I have Emmanuel as the father of Annie Taylor (b1864 approx) who married a William Guest in 1888.  Emmanuel is listed as deceased on this marriage certificate.  Annie (possibly born Emma Annie) was born in Birmingham but married William in Cheltenham.  Apart from being a journeyman gardener I have no other information.

Can anybody help?

Thanks

Colin

Offline jorose

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Taylor
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 02 December 06 16:48 GMT (UK) »
There is an Emmanuel Taylor, aged 33, who died 1872 in Cheltenham on freebmd.rootsweb.com.  Who were the witnesses to the marriage, in case one of them is a relative also?
Census information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline colinpgray

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Emmanuel Taylor
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 02 December 06 23:44 GMT (UK) »

Already checked out the witnesses on the certificate - well the one that can be made out.  Unfortunately she is 'just' a work friend (laundry maid) and not a relation as far as I can determine.  I had found the 1872 death but am not convinced yet that that is my Emmanuel.  I've checked the 1871 and 1881 census for any reference to Annie's mother so that I could try and track Annie's birth certificate (there being 1 Annie and 3 Emma's born in Birmingham - well indexed anyway).  I have found an Annie living with the Burns family and listed as their niece in 1881 but can't find and reference to William marring a Taylor or Annies mohers  name being Burns (as I haven't found Annie's mother!).  Starting to run out of idea's!!