Author Topic: New York/Bronx Newspaper look up please  (Read 5688 times)

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: New York/Bronx Newspaper look up please
« Reply #9 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 18:42 BST (UK) »
dunnquest, in case you haven't seen them, georgie posted multiple subsequent threads about the Thwaite family on this board.  You might want to take a look and see what's previously been mentioned.

dunnquest

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday 03 August 11 18:54 BST (UK) »
dunnquest, in case you haven't seen them, georgie posted multiple subsequent threads about the Thwaite family on this board.  You might want to take a look and see what's previously been mentioned.

Hi Shellyesq, I'm not sure if I'm responding in the correct format...?  It says 2 new replies have been posted.  I read through the Thwaites posts.  The info that I have supplied is current and relevant.  Shall I stop writing?

Offline shellyesq

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 04 August 11 12:40 BST (UK) »
It's up to you.  I'm sure your help will be appreciated when georgie sees it, but I don't want you to go to any extra effort if the information is something that georgie already has.

Offline davidstroebel

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Monday 13 March 17 17:54 GMT (UK) »
Robert Borchers was my uncle, but I never met him. My father's sister married Herman Borchers, Robert's brother. I have fond memories of the Thwaites restaurant. Around 1978, we were having a birthday party there for my grandmother. My father had $1,000 in a suit jacket he accidentally left behind when we left. He went right back, but the money was gone. The staff who took his jacket for safe keeping said they didn't know anything about the money...