Author Topic: farnsworth marriage about 1920  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Kevinshouse

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
farnsworth marriage about 1920
« on: Friday 29 December 06 21:57 GMT (UK) »
could anyone help me to find the marriage of Herbert Farnsworth his wifes name was Hough (I do not have a first name for her) their first child Ernest was born in 4th quarter of 1921 Herbert was illegitimate Farnsworth was his mothers maiden name, I have looked through marriages for about this date but found nothing maybe a fresh set of eyes could help me many thanks

regards Susan

Offline Isobelruss

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: farnsworth marriage about 1920
« Reply #1 on: Friday 29 December 06 22:44 GMT (UK) »
The only Herbert I could find was
Herbert E Farnsworth
Charlotte Pinchin
Northleach 6a 1032 1919 Oct qu if the bride had been married before she would have remarried with her married name not her maiden name.
I looked at all quarters 1918-1922
Russells in Westmorland,Lancashire<br />Rileys Halifax,Rochdale<br />Graingers Hull Yorks<br />Coles Northampton<br />Transcribed the whole of Westmorland 41 census<br />and Rochdale 61 <br /><br />Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline portwud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 09:30 BST (UK) »
hello, Herbert Farnsworth was my mums dad, Harriet Hough was her mum, both my grandparents whom I'd never met (I was born after they both died)
I've not done this googly/geneology lark before so don't know what I am doing, but my mum (Annie Farnsworth) is one of 2 of the 11 strong family left now and lives in Wakey still.

Offline portwud

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 17:10 BST (UK) »
hello, Herbert Farnsworth was my mums dad, Harriet Hough was her mum, both my grandparents whom I'd never met (I was born after they both died)
I've not done this googly/geneology lark before so don't know what I am doing, but my mum (Annie Farnsworth) is one of 2 of the 11 strong family left now and lives in Wakey still.

Offline davidft

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday 09 July 14 21:23 BST (UK) »
If these are the death dates of Herbert and Harriett

Herbert Farnsworth   born abt 1888   died Mar 1960 quarter   Wakefield   Yorkshire West Riding
Harriett Farnsworth   born abt 1889   died Sep 1943 quarter   Wakefield   Yorkshire West Riding

Then these are the birth registrations of the pair

Births Sep 1887   
FARNSWORTH    Herbert        Wakefield   9c   45

Births Sep 1889   
Hough    Harriet        Wakefield 9c   40

I cannot find Herbert on censuses before he marries and this may indicate that his morther married and he is down under her married name
I had more success with Harriet finding her in 1891 with parents Fanny and Samuel and in 1901 with mother Fanny, now a widow. Fanny marries Joseph Jeffreys in 1902

All the children seem to be born in the Wakefield Registration District. If you search on
www.freebmd.org.uk using the fathers surname Farnsworth and the mothers maiden name Hough between 1913 and 1935 you will find 11 births. This indicates the marriage was earlier than you thought.

If Herbert was a coalminer then this is him in 1911 with wife and child (note surname is spelt wrong)
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XWV2-QD6
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XWV2-QDF
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.1.1/XWV2-QDX

So this would indicate they were married before 1911.

The most likely marriage in Wakefield is
Marriages Jun 1909   
FARNDSWORTH    Herbert         Wakefield 9c   95
HOUGH    Harriet         Wakefield 9c   95

Taking into account the misspelling of the surname brings two more children in addition to the 11 referred to above

Births Mar 1910   
FARNDSWORTH    Samuel H         Wakefield  9c   27

Births Mar 1912   
Farndsworth    Joseph    Hough    Wakefield  9c   45

EDIT: Just noticed the original request was from 2006, still the info may be of use to someone

James Stott c1775-1850. James was born in Yorkshire but where? He was a stonemason and married Elizabeth Archer (nee Nicholson) in 1794 at Ripon. They lived thereafter in Masham. If anyone has any suggestions or leads as to his birthplace I would be interested to know. I have searched for it for years without success. Thank you.

Offline junglegympoet88

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Thursday 23 February 17 01:26 GMT (UK) »
Do you know if they had child Marilyn Farnsworth in 1934?
de Fraine, Marsh, Spaulding, Hopkins, Marshall, Farnsworth,