Author Topic: ORCHARD and connections  (Read 6317 times)

Offline Donna M

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: ORCHARD and connections
« Reply #9 on: Sunday 06 March 05 15:55 GMT (UK) »
Hi i have a Rose Orchard born abt 1796 who married a relative of mine Joseph Pitfield in 1832 Whitchurch Canonicorum Dorset.

I also have a Joan Orchard married into my family. She married Robert Pitfield in 1662 Whitchurch Canonicorum, Dorset. Could there be a connection anywhere. With kind regards Donna
Dorset=Cutler, Phillips, Pitfield, Thresher, Christopher, Aplin
Southampton=Bessant, Sothcott/Southcott, Mintrum/Mintram, Hillier, Bird, Cooper, Dawkins, Page, Moody, Pearce
Durham=Emmerson, McGravey
London, Surrey, Kent, Wandsworth=Friday, White, Waghorn, Pizzey
Ontario, Canada=Hopkins

Offline Deborah Boss

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Ann Orchard born ~1797 marries 1822 Wareham
« Reply #10 on: Friday 11 March 05 16:15 GMT (UK) »
I came across Ann in researching my husband's family history.  Does anyone have any information about this Ann?  She marries George Hayter in September 1822.  I am deducing her birth date from the 1851 census.  She claims to be born in Wogret (Worgate?).

Many thanks.
Deborah

Offline Deborah Boss

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
Winfrith/Wareham Orchard connections
« Reply #11 on: Monday 18 July 05 22:49 BST (UK) »
I'm beginning to home in on ancestry for my Ann Orchard who was born in Worgret in the 1790s.  The following tree is not definite as yet.  Someone may be able to validate or refute if I'm lucky.

I believe Ann Orchard was christened on 1 May 1796 to William Orchard and Sarah Bower.  She was the last of their 8 maybe 9 children.  The others were Elizabeth, maybe William in here, Charles, Thomas, Mellison (Amelia), Robert, Elizabeth, Maria.  All 8 children were christened in Wareham - I can't find William's christening.

Elizabeth marries Charles Davis and I have located her on the 1851 census where she claims to be born in Worgret.  So I think she is my Ann's sister.  My Ann also uses the names Maria and Amelia for her daughters.  On the other hand, there is also a burial of an Anne Orchard aged 28 in Wareham in 1825.  My Ann is at least 29 at the time but it's a bit close for comfort.

There is a burial of a William Orchart in Wareham in 1824 at the age of 90.  Allowing for some exaggeration, this could be the same William Orchard who was christened in Winfrith on 18 November 1738.

This then links into the same family tree initially posted by Geoff:

Robert Orchard and Ann ? marry in 1696 and have 6 children (John, Elizabeth, Thomas, Edith, William and Mary) - all christened at Winfrith.  Their son William who is christened on 30 March 1704 marries Mary Gretton on  22 July 1736 in Winfrith and they have 7 children (William, Anna, Robert, John, Thomas, Elizabeth, Mary).  Their eldest child William is the one I assume moves to Wareham.

Any help gratefully received.
Deborah