Author Topic: HELP- Smileys in wrong place!!  (Read 1407 times)

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
HELP- Smileys in wrong place!!
« on: Saturday 20 November 04 07:39 GMT (UK) »
After trying for so long I finally managed to post a couple of smileys in my names at the bottom of my profile.  Then the hair pulling began.  >:(  >:( I had pasted them into the wrong place and I can't seem to remove them and paste the little "darlings" elsewhere.  There is probably a simple solution but for the life of me I can't see it. Been up since 3.30am this morning Oz time and the grey cells are refusing to work.  Please will some kind RootsChatter set me straight before I go  bald.

Juddee
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline Su

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Every time an Angel smiles a flower grows
    • View Profile
Re: HELP- Smileys in wrong place!!
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 20 November 04 18:19 GMT (UK) »
Hi Juddee

I'd offer to help, but ..... look on lighter side post 'I've escaped' ... they are the bain of my life  :o ;) :-\

Su
Barnett Altrincham/Manchester
Bates Hindley Lancs
Bowyer Altrincham Cheshire
Cunliffe Hindley
Hollingworth Hale Barnes/Mobberley Ches
Jones Salford/Altrincham
Ramsdale Hindley Lancs
Timperley Warburton/Dunham Massey
Yarwood Great Budworth,Lymm,Dumham Massey

All Census look up transcriptions are Crown Copyright

Offline Matty

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 20 November 04 18:40 GMT (UK) »
Hi Judee and Su You are not on your own I am so glad that I am not the only one not to be able to get the "Smiley's " on to the board. I have just given up !! but that is me! not being at all technicaly minded (thick you could say) it has to be "idiot proof" like the camera's.  I must say that I enjoy seeing the other peoples "smiley's"   

Matty ::)
McDermott Yorkshire & Ireland 
McNutt Lancashire &  Donegal Ireland 
McKinly Donegal Ireland
Culbert Donegal Ireland
Richardson Donegal Ireland
Booth,Crompton, Hamer, Jackson, Nuttall, Smith and Ward from Lancashire

"So near and yet so far"

Offline Hackstaple

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Family researcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Saturday 20 November 04 19:41 GMT (UK) »
Juddee at least managed to capture two of the little b---ers. Mine escaped up the cable line and are dancing on the neighbours roof throwing confetti at the magpies and cackling insanely - "We're free".  This morning they made faces at the postman and he fell off his bike.
Southern or Southan [Hereford , Monmouthshire & Glos], Jenkins, Meredith and Morgan [Monmouthshire and Glos.], Murrill, Damary, Damry, Ray, Lawrence [all Middx. & London], Nethway from Kenn or Yatton. Also Riley and Lyons in South Africa and Riley from St. Helena.
Any census information included in this post is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Rebecca Steele

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 20 November 04 20:08 GMT (UK) »
Hi Juddee,

To make your smiley go above the text, you have to make sure that his link is above the names you are interested in.

See below picture for an example.

Hope this gets your smiley in his right place!

Rebecca

Morgan - Herefordshire, Worcestershire * Bullock - Worcestershire * Taylor - Gloucestershire, Worcestershire * Peverill/all/ell - Middlesex, Brighton, Essex * Knee - Gloucestershire, London area * Brenan - Any area * Steele - Dorset<br /><br />Census Information is Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline juddee

• RootsChat Senior
  • Found them! Found them! I wish!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Friday 26 November 04 02:45 GMT (UK) »
Thank you to everyone who replied to my post. I'm glad to see I'm not the only one who has trouble.  I fiddled around and finally managed to get one in the right place so I got "smart" and tried for another two!!  As you can see I managed to get them in the proper place BUT this time I have no smileys - instead the Gif is there!  What's the saying "if it ain't broke don't fix"?  The ones I haven't been able to post are still floating around in cyberspace just waiting to pounce when least expected >:(
I'm not  beaten yet.  Into the fray once more-this time I may succeed! ;D ;D

Juddee

Family history teaches perserverance!!!!
Living in the land of Oz<br />Berkshire TASKER<br />Cambridgeshire BLANKS HAYDEN, STEWART<br />Durham GRAY LAVERICK UNTHANK<br />Gloustershire ANDREWS WILLINGTON<br />Hertfordshire HALES HAYDEN<br />Lancashire WHITE HARTNET<br />Oxfordshire EATON TASKER<br />Somerset  DAINTY GERRETT MURRAY SLADE<br />Wiltshire BARTLETT GERRETT<br /> Galway HICKEY LEWIS <br />Germany HARTMANN SCHUEMACHER<br />

Offline Kazza

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Looking into Holes
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Friday 26 November 04 13:56 GMT (UK) »
Perseverence is the name of the game.  ;D

Good luck with the next battle.  8)

Kazza.
Welsh Lass
Surname interests:
Clementsten, Hobson, Hole, Marden, O'Clements, Pitten, Sharland, Vickery (Vicary), Williams.

Area Interests:
Cardiff, Bampton, Bideford, Crediton, Wollaston, Somerset, Tidenham, Norway, Australia to Bristol.