Author Topic: Belfast Newspaper Lookup - Agnes Thompson Inquest 24th April 1940  (Read 3007 times)

Offline CORN04

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Belfast Newspaper Lookup - Agnes Thompson Inquest 24th April 1940
« on: Saturday 03 February 07 17:06 GMT (UK) »
Is there some kind person out there, who could look at some newspaper archives to see if my grand mother's inquest was published in a Belfast Newspaper? She died on the 9th April 1940 in Belfast and her inquest was held by the Coroner for Belfast on 24th April 1940. I have written to the Public Records Office, however, they have confirmed that they do not hold the inquest file. They have suggested contacting the North Ireland Court Service who may be able to help locate the post mortem records. I have a copy of the death certificate which was issued on the day of the inquest, so I don't think contacting the Court Service would achieve any more than the death certificate I already have. I assume that the inquest would have been reported in the newspaper, however, I'm not from Belfast and don't know which newspaper this would be - possibly the Belfast Telegraph??? Is there anyone out there who could advise me further or look up any possible newspaper archives??
Thank you  :)
Fallon - Ireland, Kidsgrove (Staffs), Atherton (Lancs)
Edge - Atherton (Lancs)
Hartley - Wigan
Thompson - Donaghadee, Northern Ireland
McClelland - Donaghadee, Northern Ireland
Miskimmin - Donaghadee, Northern Ireland
Bunting - Donaghadee, Northern Ireland
Holcroft - Bury and Bolton (Lancs)
Wesley - Bury and Bolton (Lancs)
Johnson - Bury (Lancs)
Sharples - Bury and Bolton (Lancs)