Author Topic: John Rennie ship - London to Queensland in 1873  (Read 17166 times)

Offline DCS

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: John Rennie ship - London to Queensland in 1873
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 16 December 12 08:39 GMT (UK) »
Hi Deirdre,

I've found the Packmans.  I will send you all the copies of the passenger lists etc and of course the wonderful diary later when I have a bit of time.

Bye for now

Diana
Speller (Thaxted, Prittlewell, West Ham), Thompson (East Peckham, Romford), Wright (Gt Marlow, Romford, Dagenham, Queensland Australia), Cutler (Herts), Channer (High Wycombe), Baker (Romford, Ilford, Stratford)

Offline Deirdre784

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Sunday 16 December 12 09:30 GMT (UK) »
Brill, thanks Diana, I've found out loads about the family once they were in Australia but the diary sounds fascinating thanks.

Found the passenger list from Giblet's post too.

Deirdre
CARDIFF:Lord,Griffiths,Barry,Cope,Mahoney ~ PEMBROKESHIRE:Griffiths,Rees,Owen,Thomas ~ ESSEX:Lord,Foreman,Hatch ~ SOMERSET:Lord,Cox,Hockey,Linham,Bryant ~ STAFFORDSHIRE:Cope,Elks,Hackney,Gallimore,Davenport ~ SUFFOLK:Lord,Lockwood,Hatch,Rix,Foreman ~ IRELAND:Barry,Meany,Cummins,Grogan ~
PONTYPRIDD:Leigh,Brooks,Adams,Davies,Thomas ~ KENT:Leigh ~ CHESHIRE:Adams,Tudor,Illidge ~ DENBIGHSHIRE:Edwards,Bolas ~BRECON:Leigh,Thomas,Davies ~SOMERSET:Adams,Keitch,Bridge ~ABERGAVENNY:Minton ~ MERTHYR:.....

Offline bobbyduck

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
John Rennie ship - London to Queesland in 1873
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:04 GMT (UK) »
I have discovered there has been discussion regarding passengers on this ship. I have two ancestors who were this voyage. John and Amelia Simmons (Semmens) and would like to get in touch with Diana or any other member who may have may have information.

Cheers,
Bob

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: John Rennie ship - London to Queesland in 1873
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:12 GMT (UK) »
Hi there,

This link should get you to the thread that you are interested in.   

Cheers,  JM

MODERATOR COMMENT: Threads now merged
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline majm

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • NSW 1806 Bowman Flag Ecce signum.
    • View Profile
Re: John Rennie ship - London to Queesland in 1873
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 16 February 13 10:14 GMT (UK) »
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=37538

You can contact Diana directly via RChats Personal Message facility.   :)

Cheers,  JM
The information in my posts is provided for academic and non-commercial research purposes. 
Random Acts of Kindness Given Freely are never Worthless for they are Priceless.
Qui scit et non docet.    Qui docet et non vivit.    Qui nescit et non interrogat.   
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
I do not have a face book or a twitter account.

Offline Jonssonmob

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Friday 18 October 13 12:12 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana

I have just did a google search on the John Rennie and found your amazing post about an ancestral log of the journey.  My Great x 3 Grandfather George Lucas was on the ship aged 20. I would be very interested in the log, if your willing to share.

Cheers

Heather AU

Offline ponies

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 15 July 14 09:57 BST (UK) »
Rosie girl
Christina Rennie Huet was my grandmother.  I live in southern Victoria and am researching my mother's family.  My mother is the daughter of Christina. My mother is 98 and I am trying to find out as much as I can about her maternal line of the family while mum is still with us.  Christina was married twice, my mother the product of the second marriage.  Christina was drowned as she missed  her footing getting on a ferry in Brisbane and as there was not much CRP etc in those times, she was not saved.  My brother was with her at the time.  I can be contacted on : email address removed please use the pm system to exchange private details        Looking forward to hearing from you.  Very exciting all this research.     Cheers for now.

Offline robgow

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 29 July 14 10:03 BST (UK) »
Hi Diana
My ancestors were on the John Rennie.  They were from Cornwall. The manifest shows them as John and Elizabeth Ressell and their children Stephen, Annie and Arthur.  Their surname in fact was Kessell with a K and that is the name they have always had in Australia.  I believe they never knew they entered Australia under the name Ressell.  If you have a spare moment I would be interested if there is anything about them in your logbook.  I have no information about them from the ship's arrival until they settled in Newcastle in 1875.  Regards and best wishes, Bob

Offline chutch55

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 09 December 15 02:16 GMT (UK) »
Hi there I have just started doing full research on my husband's family and have come across the information on here about the John Rennie arriving in Bowen in 1873.  My husband's family were the Packman's - I have the passenger information but was wondering if anyone has any further information about the vessell or the actual voyage.  Also interested in contact from anyone who may be related to these Packmans.