Author Topic: Marriage - John Williamson c1765  (Read 4038 times)

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Marriage - John Williamson c1765
« on: Saturday 17 February 07 17:26 GMT (UK) »
I am trying to find the marriage of John Williamson born 1745 to Christian Hosack born 1743.  Their first child Elizabeth was born on 29th March 1767.  They were all born in Speymouth.

My reason for this request is to find the parents of John Williamson which would get me back another generation.

If there is another way please let me know.

Thanks
Betty

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Truth will out! (Finding it another matter!)
    • View Profile
Re: Marriage - John Williamson c1765
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 03:41 BST (UK) »
Hi Betty

Not finding the marriage you seek but have found these which may be of help :

29/10/1727 WILLIAMSON CHRISTAN WILLIAM HOSACK/ F Cromarty /ROSS AND CROMARTY

18/01/1712 WILLIAMSON DONALD ISOBEL HOSACK/ M Cromarty /ROSS AND CROMARTY

10/07/1705 WILLIAMSON JOHN JEAN HOSACK/ M Cromarty /ROSS AND CROMARTY

13/02/1706 WILLIAMSON MARGT DONALD HOSACK/ F Cromarty /ROSS AND CROMARTY

That came from an all Scotland search from 1500s to 1854 on Scotland's people

Is possible not recorded  if they were anything other than established Church of Scotland as 'non-conformist' records not on Scotland's People. That part of Scotland more likely to be non-conformist as well

However the National archives Scotland is well worth contacting cos they have some non- conformist records

Cheers

Amm
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 03:43 BST (UK) »
Hi

Think this one might be Christian

02/09/1744 HOSACK CHRISTIAN ANDREW HOSACK/BARBARA ANDERSON FR245 F Speymouth /MORAY 143/ 0020 0105

Ann
Torrens, Thompson - Tyrone & Fermanagh,Connolly, Campbell - Monaghan & Cavan, McGovern, Carroll, Orr - Ireland <br />Connolly, Fulton, Stirling, Cameron, McKellar, Robertson, McGovern, Torrance, Bisland, Fraser, Hamilton, O'Hara, McAusland, McTaggart , Lambie, Twedale, Hart, Clark(Paisley/Barrhead/Glasgow)<br />McGovern, Liddell - Falkirk<br />Mair, Muir, Carroll, Stewart, Law, Orr - Lanarkshire <br />Torrance - Brisbane<br />Connolly , Robertson- NSW<br />McGovan(?), Robertson , Agnew-

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 03:46 BST (UK) »
Think this is their son

18/08/1776 WILLIAMSON JOHN JOHN WILLIAMSON/CHRISTIAN HOSUK FR351 M Speymouth /MORAY

Alas nothing for John senior in Birth department :'(

Ann

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 12:50 BST (UK) »
Thanks for sending all that information.

Not sure about the Cromarty lot but the last two messages certainly look like my bunch.

Thanks for that.

Regards

Betty

Offline Ann Baker

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 26 June 07 17:43 BST (UK) »
Hi Betty

You're welcome. The OPR baptism is worth getting from Scotland's People but it may not have parents details on it. Unfortunately the OPR records vary in content whereas anything post 1855 is unform in content.

However it is worth having a look.

Ann

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 12:15 BST (UK) »
I am trying to find the marriage of John Williamson born 1745 to Christian Hosack born 1743.  Their first child Elizabeth was born on 29th March 1767.  They were all born in Speymouth.

My reason for this request is to find the parents of John Williamson which would get me back another generation.

Betty, even if you do find the marriage record (highly unlikely) it is not going to tell you the names of the couple's parents. If you are very lucky you might get the name of the bride's father, but not her mother or the groom's parents, unless they were very prominent and important folk.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 13:53 BST (UK) »
Thanks Forfarian.

When I put my message on back in February I did not realise you didn't get the parents on the OPR.  I now realise you don't get very much!!

Thanks

Betty

Online Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday 27 June 07 15:28 BST (UK) »
Yes, sorry, I know I'm a bit late with that piece of information  :'(
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.