Author Topic: Wigston - george henry 1852 and Ellen born 1872  (Read 1609 times)

Offline revmother2

• RootsChat Senior
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Wigston - george henry 1852 and Ellen born 1872
« on: Monday 19 February 07 11:50 GMT (UK) »
Hi folks
I'm returning to a bit of my tree that I've been stuck on for ages.
George Henry Wigston born Leics 1852 married my great granny Eliza Kibby.
Now, Eliza seems to have been a fickle kind of gal ;)
She was born c 1854 also in Leicester. They married 1871 also in Leics.
The bit I need to clear up is a probable daughter of theirs - there is a birth registered for Ellen Wigston 1872 Leics., but then she vanishes.
1881 census onwards George is back home in the family for the rest of his life - I've got him right up to 1901.
Eliza later has a son - Joseph (my dad's uncle) but we have no idea who his father was, always known as Kibby. he was born 1880.
My grandfather Edward was born Sheffield 1890, by which time Eliza was hitched up (but not married) to edward snr. Plunkett a carpenter journeyman.
Eliza, Ed, Joe and young Ed were all known as Kibby on  census returns.

The reason I am interested in Ellen Wigston is that she married a Mr Flower (I have quite a lot about these folk)  and had a family that Dad referred to as his aunts and uncles and cousins.
I want to make the link.
The confusing thing on the census and BMD is that there is also an Ellen Wigston born in Coventry the same year. She is NOT our one.
So - anyone know anything about Ellen Wigston born 1872 Leicester??? pleeeese :)
many thanks - with great hopes
revmother
England - mainly Leicestershire -Plunkett (and London), Kibby, Springthorpe, Gittins, Bates, Forman, Stevenson, Crofts, Growdridge, Flower, Wigston, Ward , and in Scotland - McLauchlan, Paterson, Aughton, Speirs, McCallum, Gray, Gemmell, Hillhouse, Fredrick etc.......<br />Ayrshire mostly