Author Topic: Wilton cemetary look ups (offer)  (Read 4626 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Wilton cemetary look ups (offer)
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 02 August 07 23:17 BST (UK) »
Hi Thisty,Thanks for your generous offer.
Could you keep an eye open for... WALDIE  & KERSAL..nice and unusual.

......but I have a JOHN RICHARDSON died 1895
and his wife HARRIOTt MILLER died 1909.

The dates are exact,just do not know which cemetery.
Happy hunting with good weather.
Many thanks again !! :)
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Thisty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Friday 03 August 07 07:52 BST (UK) »
Hopefully I'll get around the cemetary again on Sunday so I'll keep an eye out for everyone.

ajjbc.......I found some Waldie's on my last visit although I'm not sure if they are yours or not.   Did you get the picture I sent you?

:)

Offline JenClark

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Exhausted yet content!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Friday 03 August 07 10:54 BST (UK) »
Thanks Thirsty, let me know if you see any Stainton's they are all of interest (or Agnes Stainton - nee Wilson of course!)

Look forward to hearing from you  :)

Jenny
Clark, Sommerlad, Bowden, Barrett, Griffey, Sayers, Bridge, Walters, Pollard, Capel, Dibble, James, Lingard, Mensforth, Watts, Rutherford, Stainton, Chatterton, Tubbs, Thompson, Fulton, Booth, Sellwood, Edwards, Pitcher, Creech, Johns, Phillips, Roberts, Keast, Tregonning, Mason, Lancefield, Ibberson, Green, Case, Cook, Dunham, Porter, Pope, Hall, Welsh, Hellefield, Warburton, Fletcher, Foster, Stiles, Tait, Nicoll, Sutherland, McIntyre, Cole, Neal, Ladlow, Bellamy, Castleton, Barker, Yuill

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Friday 03 August 07 14:16 BST (UK) »
Yes Thisty,I got the pictures...as always many thanks....they were not mine ,but what I then do is check into all my 28+years of research and attempt to match them up,then attempt to find the researcher they will fit.
Nothing goes to waste ..he he
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline Thisty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Friday 03 August 07 17:54 BST (UK) »
lol ajjbc,

Did you find someone who owns those Waldies then? I only ask because I think there are names on all 4 sides of that particular pillar (presumably all related) and if you want I'll take a pic of the other 3 sides for you to pass on.

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: Friday 03 August 07 19:50 BST (UK) »
Hi Thisty...Oh yeh...I know where they fit Ok...just need to find the  people who are searching that line ...as I keep as many Pedigrees on Waldie's as possible and always love to share what I find with those researching on any particular line.Have been able to assist quite a few USA and Canadian WALDIE...and of course would love to get as many connected to a common ancestor as possible.
Geeze,what we researchers don't do eh?? :)
Pictures are always greatfully accepted...
A large bouquet of flowers to you for all your help.

Offline Helen

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: Sunday 05 August 07 00:37 BST (UK) »
Hi Thisty,
If you go there again would you mind looking for Maughan's please?  Albert, Mary, or any other Maughan you come across.  Many thanks,
Helen
Scotland: Cuthbertson, Mochan, Stewart, Murray, McLure, Lynch.  England: Maughan, Porter, Johnston, Dale

Offline loo

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: Sunday 19 August 07 11:38 BST (UK) »
I have a bit more info now.
Wilton Grove turns out to have been the name of a place in Ontario where my Armstrong-Murray family settled.  It was an extremely small place, also known as "Scottish Settlement", so I expect it was named after Wilton in Scotland.  Today, the name Wilton Grove has vanished, but two of the intersecting streets in the area are Castleton and Roxburgh.  It is nice to see that someone has kept track of the history this way.

However, I doubt if I will ever find any names in Scotland. The first generation that emigrated were born in about 1760 and left with their adult children in about 1819.  I may never know their parents' names.

Thanks anyway!
ARMSTRONG - Castleton Scot; NB; Westminstr Twp
BARFIELD - Nailsea
BRAKE - Nailsea
BURIATTE
CANDY - M'sex, Deptford
CLIFFORD - Maidstone
DURE(E) - France, Devon, Canada
HALLS - Chigwell
KREIN, Peter/Adam - Germany
LEOPOLD - Hanover, London
LATTIMER, MAXWELL - Ldn lightermen