Author Topic: Rimmer Family-Liverpool/Birkenhead and Eccles  (Read 4176 times)

Offline Gill H195

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rimmer Family-Liverpool/Birkenhead and Eccles
« Reply #9 on: Friday 16 June 17 21:22 BST (UK) »
I don't suppose during your journey you found anything about a Lucy Margaret Rimmer, born in Liverpool, Sister Eva Shimmin (nee Rimmer) Daughter Sylvia Margaret Hamilton (nee Rimmer) born 4/4/1926>
As far ask I know Lucy was never married, story in the family is worked as a maid for a well to do family, got pregnant, to the son, who took off car racing in Australia and was killed, before they could marry. Sylvia was then  born in Liverpool 1926, Married Thomas Hamilton also of Liverpool.
I know the house hey lived in was reduced to rubble in the blitz near the dock road, and somewhere out there there is a photo of Lucy standing on the rubble waving a UJ. She was Liverpool's first woman window cleaner apparently, and also worked in an ammunition factory.

Offline ThrelfallYorky

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Rimmer Family-Liverpool/Birkenhead and Eccles
« Reply #10 on: Saturday 17 June 17 16:59 BST (UK) »
On Lancs Parish Clerks online there's a marriage of Robert Rimmer, mariner,  to Sarah Derbenn on 18th June 1844 at St Brides' church Toxteth. His father is given as Oliver Rimmer, Shipwright, her father is given as John Derbenn, canal boatman. Witnesses are Rob Davies and Mary Rimmer.
Is this any help?
Threlfall (Southport), Isherwood (lancs & Canada), Newbould + Topliss(Derby), Keating & Cummins (Ireland + lancs), Fisher, Strong& Casson (all Cumberland) & Downie & Bowie, Linlithgow area Scotland . Also interested in Leigh& Burrows,(Lancashire) Griffiths (Shropshire & lancs), Leaver (Lancs/Yorks) & Anderson(Cumberland and very elusive)