Author Topic: MOON / ADDY East Sussex  (Read 2054 times)

Offline moon

• RootsChat Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
MOON / ADDY East Sussex
« on: Sunday 25 March 07 22:01 BST (UK) »
hello, i am trying to help a 'soon to be' cousin i hope if we can figure this out please,
"FREDERICK MOON was born around 1915 in East Sussex, I think. He married
PHYLLIS ADDY of  Batley, West Yorkshire in 1954. His father was EDWARD
ALBERT MOON a general dealer born in East Sussex and also had a Brother by
the name of Charles Moon who later lived in Polegate. This is my Father and
Grandfather and Uncle whom I am trying to trace back to East Sussex. Does
anyone have any other information on them please?" thanks
Jennifer #9664

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: MOON / ADDY East Sussex
« Reply #1 on: Monday 26 March 07 10:07 BST (UK) »
Hi Jennifer
You can search the births free at www.ancestry.co.uk  As you know the year it should not take long.  The index should give you his mother's maiden name then you can look for a marriage on the same site.    Getting that certificate will give names of both fathers and their occupations.   Have you looked for your grandfather in 1901?  There seem to be several possibles so getting the certificates may be the only way to be sure.
Andrea

Offline moon

• RootsChat Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Monday 26 March 07 15:27 BST (UK) »
we have the 1954 marriage certificate, i cannot find edward albert in the 1901 census.... dont know when the birth of frederick was or edward albert, looking for edward's death prior to 1954 now because on the cert. he is deceased, it is not the frederick 1915 or richard c of the moon/mann family either because i know who they are... but thanks for trying to help!
j

Offline sillgen

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 26 March 07 15:40 BST (UK) »
You have lost me now!  If it is not Frederick Moon born c1915 or Richard - who is not mentioned in your original post -  then who are you trying to trace?
Andrea

Offline moon

• RootsChat Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 26 March 07 15:51 BST (UK) »
sorry Andrea, i am trying to find fred's birth and death, edward albert's birth and death, i m trying to go backwards to find out who edward's parents are , it is not an elizabeth mann who is the mother of a fred and a richard c (maybe charles) as the mother, because i know who this family is, sorry, not explaining this too well...
j

Offline PaulineWhalley

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday 10 November 15 01:55 GMT (UK) »
I have a Charles Edward Moon  married? to Annie Elizabeth nee Morrison daughter Ruth Emily Francis Moon born 1898 East Grinstead Workhouse Annie is on birth certificate as Sister in Charge and Charles as Antique Dealer.  Ruth was my paternal grandmother who married Charles Armstrong Thomas 1920 St Pancras London

Offline moon

• RootsChat Member
  • hi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: Thursday 12 November 15 21:17 GMT (UK) »
hi Pauline, I don't have those Moon's in my tree, all the best finding new connections on this site, I was attempting to help a Moon relative back then and have not been in contact lately

Andrea, I was mixed up, thank you for your help, you are right, we got the marriage record and Fred was born 1915 and it is the Mann family married to Richard Moon (not Edward Albert as originally thought),

I think this mystery has been solved, thank you everyone, all the best,

jennifer