Author Topic: Halbrule or Hallrube Mill Hobkirk  (Read 1958 times)

Offline slippery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Halbrule or Hallrube Mill Hobkirk
« on: Sunday 01 April 07 15:21 BST (UK) »

We have found some old family photographs showing 4 young girls and on the back the “Halbrule Girls”, the other showing the girls older with their parent's and has on the back "With Best Wishes from Halbrule".

The photographs appear to be 1920 and 1930 approximately. It appears that they lived at Halbrule Mill. Who someone please tell me who lived there during this period.

We are trying to find out if they are connected to our Finlayson or Hutton family's.

We have found out that a family called Bell lived their, William Bell died in 1911.

Offline katie mac

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Halbrule or Hallrube Mill Hobkirk
« Reply #1 on: Monday 30 July 07 21:34 BST (UK) »
Hi,
The Bell family is my family.  Wm is my g,g, grandfather.
The others are possibly Bells or Donalds - there have been no other families living there since Wm.  Don't know of Finlayson or Hutton but will ask my father.  It would be great to let him see the photo - he could possibly identify the people.

Are you sure that the photo is of Hallrule Mill?  The Mill was at one time attached to the estate where Wm was a tenant .  There is a Hallrule House  - perhaps this is where the photo was taken and the persons therefore would be of no relation to the Bells or Donalds.

BELL - OXNAM, JEDBURGH
HEPBURN - AVONDALE, LANARK
MCALLAN - ANYWHERE

Offline slippery

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 16 August 07 17:45 BST (UK) »
Katie,
Sorry for not replying earlier but I did not receive notification of your reply.

The photographs were sent to the Finlayson family living at Medwyn Mains farm West Linton. The message on the cards was from Hallrule.

If you let me have your email I will send copies to you.

Peter

Offline katie mac

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Friday 17 August 07 09:33 BST (UK) »
Hi Peter,

How do I send my e-mail address without making it public on this page?

I have pictures of the Donald girls as young adults - interesting to see if they match up.
BELL - OXNAM, JEDBURGH
HEPBURN - AVONDALE, LANARK
MCALLAN - ANYWHERE

Offline IanB

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Saturday 18 August 07 14:34 BST (UK) »
Hi Katie,
Here is one way:

Go back to Peter's last posting and click on "slippery", at the top left. His profile will appear. Go down to the bottom of the page and you should see something like;
"send a personal message to this poster" Click on this and the Personal Message format will appear.

Ian
Morrison, MacKay, MacCulloch, Sutherland, Dingwall, MacLeod, Donn, Calder,Blyth/Blythe; Baxter; Woodburn;Fleming;Hobkirk