Author Topic: Boyle of Mullylusty, Monaghan [completed]  (Read 4332 times)

Offline Rewcastle

• I am sorry but my emails are no longer working
  • RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Boyle of Mullylusty, Monaghan [completed]
« on: Monday 02 April 07 00:59 BST (UK) »
My Grandma's grandfather, Thomas Boyle with his wife Margaret and children left Mullylusty, Magheracloone, south of Carrickmacross for Consett, Co.Durham between 1882 and 1887.

His brother Dennis Boyle along with his wife Anna Marie Martin and daughter left for Consett in 1890, they were married at St Patrick's Church, Carickashedoge, Co. Monaghan on 9th June 1889. Dennis' father was Thomas Boyle of Mullylusty and Ann marie's father was John Martin of Carrickashedoge.

Thomas Boyle (the father of the above) is listed in Griffiths valuation in Mullylusty, there is also Owen, James and Thomas Boyle in Creveadornan which shows as fields to the east of Thomas Boyle in Mullylusty on the map for Griffiths valuation.

I was googleing and came across a Francis Boyle mentioned in the  [ Dáil Éireann - Volume 50 - 15 February, 1934]
It seems Francis was arrested in connection with an alleged hold-up under arms near Coolderry on or about 1st October, 1933 and was convicted of unlawful possession of firearms.

According to the map of Griffiths valuation, Coolderry is on the other side of the road from Mullylusty.

Is there anywhere online or anyone who can find out any more information about this?

Edit: Found a newspaper article about the incident.

Regards
Rewcastle