Author Topic: wilson  (Read 3627 times)

Offline poppysmum

• RootsChat Veteran
  • Granpa Wilson and Cousin Dod - Peebles Cemetery
    • View Profile
wilson
« on: Friday 06 April 07 19:32 BST (UK) »
hi
my family comes from lanarkshire and then peebles.  William wilson and his wife jane bulloch moved to peebles from crawfordjohn in 1867 and had 12 kids. My great granny christina wilson was their youngest.  William wilson was the gravedigger at peebles cemetry and the cottage there was built for him.  Does anyone have any connections to our family?
Whytes, Durness; Bulloch, lanarkshire; Wilson, lanarkshire; Wilson, peebleshire; Rickelton, Glasgow; Harris, ayrshire and glasgow ; Steele, ayrshire; Duffy, leith Smith, Leith;  Stewart, ayrshire and Glasgow

Offline tygrex

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: wilson
« Reply #1 on: Sunday 29 November 09 22:45 GMT (UK) »
I have a Great Great Grandmother from Peebles, was your one by any chance married to a Robert Bain

Offline Thisty

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: wilson
« Reply #2 on: Friday 04 December 09 14:11 GMT (UK) »
Hi Poppysmum,

Do you have any idea who William Wilson's parents were?  I have a Wilson family from Biggar (not a million miles away from Crawfordjohn). 

David Wilson born 1824 (my 2nd Gt Grandfather's step-dad) who's parents were David Wilson and Christina Watson.  David and my 3rd gt Grandmother went on to have children named William and Christina.

Could be coincidence of course, but the names caught my eye, any connection you think?

:).