Author Topic: Benjamin GIBBON, Uzmaston  (Read 2178 times)

Offline Ladkyis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still searching for those darned actors
    • View Profile
Benjamin GIBBON, Uzmaston
« on: Wednesday 01 December 04 17:05 GMT (UK) »
I am told be the notes my father left that Benjamin GIBBON, is listed in the Muster Roll for 1807 for Pembrokeshire and that he married in 1813 to Elizabeth Cunnick.
I have no idea how my father got this information as he has not make a note of his sources on his papers - he probably intended doing it one day ::)
I am now going over the ground again trying to confirm his research. I am not able to travel far so I would be grateful to anyone who can point me in the right direction to verify these few facts.
Ann
GIBBON, MCDADE, BRIDGER, GUILFOYLE, MACEY, JOHNSON, BELLEW, NATHAN, GEORGE, CLARKE.

Offline jeffH

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin GIBBON, Uzmaston
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 21 December 04 23:38 GMT (UK) »
There is an entry in the IGI database for the marriage of Benjamin Gibbon to Elizabeth Cunnick in Rudbaxton on 19 August 1813. Found it at www.familysearch.org.
Pembrokeshire - Harries and Blethyn<br />Somerset - Wilkins, Parsons and Ball<br/>Essex/Suffolk - Edwards and Smith<br />Morayshire - Younie and Mavor

Offline Ladkyis

• RootsChat Extra
  • Still searching for those darned actors
    • View Profile
Re: Benjamin GIBBON, Uzmaston
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday 22 December 04 22:32 GMT (UK) »
The IGI will be where Dad got the information - thank you for that. I always forget that it is online now, Dad bought the whole thing on fiche in about 1996 and I tend to go to that when I remember that it is in the drawer.
I'll have to make a trip to the Pembrkeshire record office and look at the parish records - or are they in the National Library?
 :(
Ann
GIBBON, MCDADE, BRIDGER, GUILFOYLE, MACEY, JOHNSON, BELLEW, NATHAN, GEORGE, CLARKE.