Author Topic: RUSSELL,CHRISTINE death in Jedburgh  (Read 3459 times)

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
RUSSELL,CHRISTINE death in Jedburgh
« on: Saturday 05 May 07 05:55 BST (UK) »
Seeking death dath or Obit of a CHRISTINE MARY (BRUCE) RUSSELL who I belive died in Jedburgh,Rox.
She was born April 1909..she married George Russell in 1934.He died in 1977.
They have/had 2 sons James Alexander Russell 1935-1977 and a Bruce Russell.
I know this is little to go on,but so often "so little" is all we have.
Christine also had a brother Richard Redpath Bruce 1907-1965
Christine also had another brother JAmes Kay Bruce 1910-1964
2 sisters: Agnes E (Bruce ) Ross1915-1998 Lauder,Berwick.and Janet Hogg (Bruce) Milliigan1913-??
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline journeywoman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: RUSSELL,CHRISTINE death in Jedburgh
« Reply #1 on: Friday 25 May 07 22:15 BST (UK) »
Hello
Christina was my grandmother.  She died in a nursing home called Knowesouth near Jedburgh on 29.6.90.  Her elder son James Alexander (my father) died 26.12.94.
Hope this helps.
Are you related?
Mary

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Saturday 26 May 07 01:38 BST (UK) »
Mary,
          I believe that we are related.I think that your Christine Mary (Bruce) Russell was the daughter of Andrew Bruce(1881) & Agnes Hogg Kay(1882)
..Andrew Bruce (1881)was the son of Richard Bruce (1857)and Janet Redpath(1857)
My grandmother was the eldest female child of Richard Bruce and Janet Redpath.
She was Jane,born in 1879.Jane came to Canada and married.
I'm sure your Andrew,  born 1881 was her brother.
Andrew died May 12 1918 in Salonica Greece.
IRELAND: Algeo,Armstrong,Brick, ,Hendren/Hendron,Hopkins,Ramage,   SCOTLAND:Ashcroft, Aitchison,Armstrong,Bathgate,Blair,Bruce,Brunton,Clarke/Clerk,Crozier, Dickson,Dobson,Dryden,Eaton,Forbis,Gillie/Gillies, Haliburton, Henderson,Higgins,Hogg,Huggan,Hunter,Hutton,Kersel,Kidd/Kyd,Laidlaw,Heugh,Matson,McLuckie,Marchbank,Miller,Notman,Peacock, Prentice,Redpath,Richardson,Roger Riddell,Ruthven,Scobbie,Simson, Spiers/Speirs,Spottiswood,Tinline, Thorburn,Thomson,Turnbull,Waddel,Waldie ,Waugh.Younger

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 27 May 07 17:24 BST (UK) »
Mary...your grandmother Christine and my mother Janet were 1st cousins.
 Please contact me.

Offline journeywoman

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Sunday 27 May 07 20:32 BST (UK) »
Hi

Glad to make contact...not sure how to do this though...only looked at this site for first time on Friday.  Email addresses? 
I would be interested to find out where/when Richard Bruce (1857) married and died.  Also any information about his father John Bruce (married Agnes Dickson 1850 is all I know).
Regards
Mary

Offline ajjbc

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Sunday 27 May 07 22:44 BST (UK) »
Mary...I am going to spread my email address out.
I will keep tabs to be sure it works ....Ann

(*)

(*) Moderator Comment: e-mail removed in accordance with RootsChat policy,
to avoid spamming and other abuses.
Please use the Personal Message (PM) system for exchanging personal data.

New members must make at least three postings before being allowed to use the PM facility.
See Help-Page:  http://www.rootschat.com/help/pms.php