Author Topic: Ann SALISBURY  (Read 3414 times)

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Ann SALISBURY
« on: Sunday 20 May 07 11:37 BST (UK) »
Hi All
I am looking for info on this lady.
What i know about her is this.
She married my 5 x great granddad John Rice who was a widower on 30 January 1770 in Elmswell, they where both from Elmswell.
They went on to have these children John bapt 7/10/1770 Patience bapt 30/8/1772 Charles bapt 25/12/1774 James bapt 9/3/1777 Elizabeth bapt 5/3/1780 Mary Ann bapt 19/5/1782 Charlotte bapt 4/7/1784 and Stephen bapt 10/12/1785.
I would like to find her parents but i am having trouble, so any info would be nice.
Thank you.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline annes

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: Ann SALISBURY
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday 06 June 07 17:44 BST (UK) »
Hi William

I looked for Ann Salisbury in the Elmswell PR today, several years either side of 1750, but could not find a baptism for her at Elmswell.

Sorry I could not be more help  :(

Kind regards
Anne

Offline william james

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 08 June 07 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Anne
Thank you for your time and help.
This is fast becoming my major brick wall. You see John Rice who Anne married was a widower on his marriage cert to Anne, but can't find death of Mary his first wife, and can't find birth of Anne ?.
Oh well i will have to look at this from another angle,
Thank you again.
William James
Rice, Sadler, Cocksedge, Mulley,from Suffolk. Minter, Smith, Holding, Warcus, from London.Courtney, Smith, from Dorset. Pearl, from Suffolk/ Hampshire.

Offline rebeccaclaire86

• RootsChat Member
  • I'm not stuck, I'm ancestrally challenged...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 17 May 15 17:18 BST (UK) »
Hi William,

I just stumbled across this, Mary Ann Rice (who married William Pettit) was my 6x great-grandmother who I've just started researching, I have a deed that links her and William to Thomas Bumpstead who I believe was probably Ann's second husband.  This would tie in with the dates and her first family being from Elmswell (her children Stephen, Mary Ann and George are mentioned in the deed).  Did you ever get any further back with the Salisbury family or the Rice family?  Would be very interested in sharing information!

Becky
Buckinghamshire; Bignell, Talbot, Janes, Gibbs
Cambrigeshire; Cockerton, Sharpe, Purkis
Hertfordshire; Rolph, Bigg, Marvell, Pateman, Hornsby, Jenkins
Norfolk; Crowfoot, Randlesome
London; Wyatt, Yarroll
Somerset; Date, Hodder, Leatherby, Webb
Suffolk; Palfrey, Yallop, Kerry, Codling, Steward, Pettitt
Ireland & Canada; Hanna, Teel, Cowin, Switzer