Author Topic: Proberts of Monmouthshire  (Read 3154 times)

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Proberts of Monmouthshire
« on: Friday 15 June 07 12:29 BST (UK) »
Hello everyone, anyone out there with an interest in the Proberts of Abergavenny and surrounding area?

Regards
Kate.
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Dublin - BRADY, GREEN, NEILL & ST LEGER
Kerry - CRIMEEN, CROWLY & DONOGHUE
Longford - FLYNN, WHELAN & DAVIS
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Devon, Som, Glam & Mon - BISSETT
Gloucs, Glam & Mon - ROBERTS
Here, Brec & Mon - WATKINS
Mon - ISRAEL, LEWIS, MATTHEWS, MORGAN & PROBERT
Salop & Mon - EVANS
Census info is crown copyright www.nationalarchives.co

Offline WIGGS

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Proberts of Monmouthshire
« Reply #1 on: Friday 19 March 10 14:35 GMT (UK) »
Hi Buttonmoon,

Probert is a family name of mine and there are some of my ancestors in the local churchyard going back to 1700s.

Let me know who you are looking for.

Regards Dave
Mainwaring,Howells,Thorbey,  wales
Prosser ,Mason, Probert, Lewis, monmouthshire
Wigmore, Henly, Wedlake, Morgan

Offline buttonmoon

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Friday 19 March 10 17:47 GMT (UK) »
Hi Dave, thanks for replying to my thread.
I've gone back to James Probert c1789 a shoemaker born Abergavenny, his wife was Mary ? c1792 also of Aber. Their children (that I know of) were William c1811 a brickmaker, Charles c1812 a labourer and John c1816 a shoemaker all born Aber. My line is through Charles, although I do have descendants for his brothers.
Charles married a lady named Ann ? c1812 born Glasbury, Brec and their children were Mary Ann 1840, Charles c1843 a railway guard, Sarah c1845 a milk seller, Elizabeth c1846, John c1848 a carpenter on the railway and Caroline 1850-1857 all born Aber.
My Probert line ends here through Mary Ann as she went on to marry a man named Thomas Roberts 1816 a stone mason also from Aber.
If you want any further details then please let me know.
Which churchyard is this?

Regards
Kate.
Cavan - FLYNN & NEARY
Donegal - O'DONNELL
Dublin - BRADY, GREEN, NEILL & ST LEGER
Kerry - CRIMEEN, CROWLY & DONOGHUE
Longford - FLYNN, WHELAN & DAVIS
Sligo - FLYNN & HEALY
Wicklow - CLARE, COLEY, CRIMEEN, CUNNIAM, DOYLE, FLYNN, MURPHY, O'BYRNE & SUTTON
Devon, Som, Glam & Mon - BISSETT
Gloucs, Glam & Mon - ROBERTS
Here, Brec & Mon - WATKINS
Mon - ISRAEL, LEWIS, MATTHEWS, MORGAN & PROBERT
Salop & Mon - EVANS
Census info is crown copyright www.nationalarchives.co

Offline sneily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Monday 05 August 13 20:40 BST (UK) »
Hi Dave, thanks for replying to my thread.
I've gone back to James Probert c1789 a shoemaker born Abergavenny, his wife was Mary ? c1792 also of Aber. Their children (that I know of) were William c1811 a brickmaker, Charles c1812 a labourer and John c1816 a shoemaker all born Aber. My line is through Charles, although I do have descendants for his brothers.
Charles married a lady named Ann ? c1812 born Glasbury, Brec and their children were Mary Ann 1840, Charles c1843 a railway guard, Sarah c1845 a milk seller, Elizabeth c1846, John c1848 a carpenter on the railway and Caroline 1850-1857 all born Aber.
My Probert line ends here through Mary Ann as she went on to marry a man named Thomas Roberts 1816 a stone mason also from Aber.
If you want any further details then please let me know.
Which churchyard is this?

Regards
Kate.

Dear Kate
Just beginning to look into my family history and came accross this message. Charles Probert the railway guard from Abergavenny born in 1843 is one of my ancestors, he was married to Harriet Probert from Bath. Do you know any more about this family? Do you know how many children they had or how I would go about finding out?
Thanks
S

Offline sneily

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Monday 05 August 13 22:58 BST (UK) »
Hi Katy
Thanks so much for your reply. I'm new to this site so don't know how to send a personal message. Just can't figure it all out!
I've got pictures of Charles and Harriet-they are my great grand parents. My dad stayed with Annie Agnes I now know she was the oldest- when he was little on the sugar loaf mountain. Yes I'd love to have as much info as you have. Unfortunately my dad died just before Christmas last year-he would have been so excited to know all this.
thanks
Sarah