Author Topic: Middlebie MI records out there ?  (Read 2820 times)

Offline lanarkrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Middlebie MI records out there ?
« on: Monday 18 June 07 22:25 BST (UK) »
I'm posting this in the hope someone might have access to Middlebie MI records. Are there even any published I wonder ?
I'm trying to pinpoint the death of a William Irving who lived in Middlebie parish as of 1851 at Eaglesfield. He was employed as a Grocer. His wife was Grace Laurie born in Barr, Ayrshire.
By 1861 Grace was widowed and lived with her sister Janet Lamont in Canada West ( now Ontario).
So I thought I'd see if William died in Middlebie between 1851 and 1861.
Any help with this would be very much appreciated.

Offline julieann1

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: Middlebie MI records out there ?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 15:15 BST (UK) »
BELL;TWEEDIE;PITTILLO/PATTILLO;WATSON;JOHNSTONE;PALMER;MOFFAT:DOBIE;BEATTIE:-Dumfrieshire<br />HYSLOP;MANSON;CURRIE;JAMIESON;BEATTIE:-Ayr<br />HOOKER;DYSON;SEABROOKE;DYER;DREWELL;STOCKWELL;CRIPPS;-London<br />DEVOS:London, Belguim
BENDALL-Bristol<br />WOODEN/WOODIN;JARRETT-Surrey<br />MURCH;HARRIS;POPE:-Devon QUARM-Devon,London,Anywhere<br />RUMBLE;HIBBERD;-Wilts
MARTIN - Dorset,Somerset;
PITTUCK/PITTOCK:-Suffolk.
WILSON;BARNEY;WINDES/WINDERS;ELLIS - Yorkshire;MARSTON;HALLAM - Notts;

Offline lanarkrose

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Middlebie MI records out there ?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 19 June 07 17:50 BST (UK) »
Thankyou for the suggestion,
I did find this website recently with high hopes but unfortunately there are only a few inscriptions for Middlebie and I think for Eaglesfield as well, no Irvings/Irvine. Either these graveyards aren't fully transcribed or the stones are not all legible or even still visible.
I'll maybe see if there are any burial records for this parish from the LDS films.
It's possible of course that this couple moved between 1851 and 1861 or William died either en route to Canada or after arrival.
The same problem exists with finding burial records prior to 1869 in Ontario as exists with pre 1855 deaths in Scotland.