Author Topic: Turkingtons and Castles of Annaloiste and Lurgan  (Read 2928 times)

Offline Sunnyhill

• RootsChat Member
  • From Dunmurry
    • View Profile
Turkingtons and Castles of Annaloiste and Lurgan
« on: Tuesday 03 July 07 05:42 BST (UK) »
Hi, would be grateful if anyone can help with these.

1 Francis Turkington
—————————————————————————————————————————————
Birth:   c1765, Armagh, Seagoe, Ire?

Children:   Jane (1790-)

1.1 Jane Turkington
—————————————————————————————————————————————
Birth:   c1790, Co. Armagh, Ireland?
Death:   post 1864?, A      Jane C. from Annaloiste  d    3 : 3 : 1870 ,  age 75 & a widow  ( registered by Wm. C. )

There is a document in the Public Record Office which is a letter from the Wm. C.  [husband of Jane T.] wherein he states that the farm he now holds was  " formerly the property of his Father-in-Law,    Francis Turkington,  deceased,"  and that " he purchased the 8 acre farm from his sisters-in-law ".   This must be after 1825.   This has always puzzled me since the original lease for the C. farm was taken out in 1790 by an Alexander C. and still in his name in 1797.   Then it is in the name of John C.,  then Wm. C.  buys the farm from Francis T.

From Shankill Parish register  I have Rachel C.,  Mary C., &  Sarah C.  buried 1817-1836,  and I cannot place these people. 

Spouse:   William Cassells
Birth:   1785, Annaloiste, Co Armagh, Ireland
Death:   1847, Annaloiste, Co Armagh
Father:   William Castles
Marr:   18 Feb 1825, Shankill C of I

Children:   James (1826-1899)
   Elizabeth (1828-1889)
   William (1835-1911)
   Samuel (1833-1838)
   Jane (1830-)

Co. Armagh: Castles/Cassells, Turkington, McBride, Hanna, Boston, Abraham, Geddis, Gilkinson, Humphries, McCormick, Corner, Serplus
Co. Antrim: Cassells, Hayes, Campbell, Saulters, Abernethy, Crooks, Fryer, Stead, Cooper, Gardner, Montgomery, Hill, McCartney, McKeown, Sterrit, McIntyre, Orr
Co. Down: Hayes, Campbell, Nelson, Skelly, Pickering, Dixon, Taylor, Lowry, Gourley, Stewart
Co. Mayo: Layng, Fulton, Ruxton
Co. Kerry: Nash
Co. Dublin: Ruxton, Layng, Kelly, Wilson, Shea, Askin
Galway: Abbot