Author Topic: munros from lochbroom  (Read 7707 times)

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
Re: munros from lochbroom
« Reply #18 on: Saturday 28 July 07 15:49 BST (UK) »
also it is not to much to ask any information on the children of alexander munro and christina mackenzie please.  thanks again for the help and information

Already provided doc  :)  :

From the 1891, they had son Alexander b.c. 1888 and daughter, Catherine b. c. 1890, both born Lochbroom. By 1901, they also have - Lizzie (b.c. 1893), John (b.c. 1898) and James (b.c. 1900) born Lochbroom. It should be easy to find these from the 3 pages of Munros on SP  :).

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:19 BST (UK) »
Hi again doc  :)

Isabella, aged 32 and unmarried,  was living with Christina and Alexander in 1891 (see Joe's listing). I'll check the 1901 again but Joe's transcription suggests that she's not with them in 1901.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:33 BST (UK) »
There is no one on the 1901 that looks a really likely candidate for Isabella. The one in hospital in Inverness is a fisheman's wife (and I think I see her on the 1891 with husband, Simon). The other is a servant in Edinburgh but the age is 12 years out.    No deaths or marriages in Lochbroom 1891 to 1901. I think you might have to do some wider searches on Scotlands People www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk It's a pay to view site and, while I don't mind the odd unit, this could take quite a few.

Gadget

Offline docfraser

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:48 BST (UK) »
what was her married name as i cant find her on the scotlands peoples death registar

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Saturday 28 July 07 16:50 BST (UK) »
As I said in the previous message, she hadn't married by 1891 census - see Joe's listing and I couldn't find a marriage or death in Lochbroom.

Gadget

Offline eversg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 02:55 BST (UK) »
Hi,

I just discovered this series of posts. I learned today that Catharine Forbes was a sister to my great-grandfather, George Forbes and was married to Kenneth Munro. What was the year of the first post? I think I can provide considerable info. I have been researching the Forbes for some time and have included a number of records in my family tree on  Ancestry. Looking forward to learning more.

Offline eversg

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday 01 July 15 12:38 BST (UK) »
Correction: Catherine Forbes was a sister to my great-great grandfather, George Forbes.