Author Topic: Census/Bitton/Syston  (Read 1375 times)

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Census/Bitton/Syston
« on: Wednesday 08 August 07 05:23 BST (UK) »
Hello to you all, hope that all is well. I would like any information on the 1841 Census for the Parish's of Bitton and Syston in the Bristol. The families that I am searching for are, Cantle/Hall.

Thanks,
Janet :-*

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: Census/Bitton/Syston
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 09 August 07 07:49 BST (UK) »
In the 1841 census is shown a George Cantle aged 15 male servant living in Dod Lane in the hamlet of Oldland, parish of Bitton.  The census seems to indicate he was not born in the county.  (Is it Y overwritten with N or vice versa?  I favour the former)

Regards

Chas
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 09 August 07 08:05 BST (UK) »
Hi Chas, I think George might be the right one, I have the Census for either 1841-1851 with the family Ann Cantle (wife of John Cantle )living with  their son James 53, (basket maker)and his wife Sarah 51 and children Francis 20, Ellen 17 (basket maker) George 10, Sarah 8 (Keynsham) they seem to have lived around this area, finding out more and connecting them is hard from here. Thanks

Janet ;)

Offline ChasH

• My email is no longer working sorry
  • RootsChat Aristocrat
  • The fool Monty
    • View Profile
Re: Census/Bitton/Syston P.S.
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 09 August 07 10:19 BST (UK) »
If you go to the familysearch.org site and choose the library catalogue then, "Place Search" for Keynsham (pronounced cane-shum) and click on it, you will be given a list which DOES NOT contain " - Church records -Indexes".  That means that the LDS have not extracted the data from the filmed records you will find if you choose, "Church Records".

Selecting one of the church records - BT's say - you will be given more details and then clicking, "View Film Notes" will give a page containing the LDS film number.

It is that film one needs to search in order to find more historical data.

If you can get to an LDS church, contact them for details of their FHC opening hours.

By the way, you might find the parish locator free programme, "Parloc" useful.  Google for the site from which it can be downloaded.

Cheers.

Chas
My email is no longer working sorry
Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
Bevstn:DAVIES:HIGGS:PERROT
Bisly:BROWN:COOK:CURTIS:DAVIS:FRANKLIN:GARDINER:GRIME:JEFFERIES:PEACEY:STEPHENS:WARREN
ChSod:HARDING:HIGGS
Colrne:GOLDEN
G Bad:DAVIES
Horsly:ADAMS:BAYLY:BIRD:COOK:EVANS:GAZARD:HILL:LEWIS:MATTHEWS:PRIDE:SKIRTON:TEAKLE:TURK:WALKLEY:YOUNG
K'St:BISHOP:PINEGAR
Marsh'd:BLAKE
Minch:HILL:MASON:PERRIN
N.Nib:PERROT:SHATFORD:WAYMAN:WOODWARD
N.Wrax:BLAKE

Offline Jan Prit

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Thursday 09 August 07 23:32 BST (UK) »
Thanks for your help I will try the information and see how it goes, one of these days I will visit the place here. Have a good weekend and take care.

Regards,
Janet :-*