Author Topic: PERRY from Blagdon?  (Read 2358 times)

Offline archer2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Dad (3 Jul 1925 - 26 May 2009)
    • View Profile
PERRY from Blagdon?
« on: Monday 27 August 07 20:58 BST (UK) »
Please bear with me!

I am looking to link up a family living in Wiltshire and Berkshire to their Dorset origins.

William PERRY described himself as a Yeoman of Homington ‘in the County of Wilts’ when he executed his last will on 13 April 1807.  He was married to Martha [maiden surname unknown].  They had issue:

1. Elizabeth PERRY.  In her father’s will of 1807, he recorded that “I have herebefore advanced to my daughter ELIZABETH the wife of THOMAS MARTIN Junr. the sum of two hundred pounds in my life time.”  She was married in Homington on 17 September 1801 to Thomas MARTIN.

2. Martha PERRY.  In her father’s will of 1807 she was left a legacy of two hundred ‘pounds of lawful money’.  When the national census was taken in June 1841 she was still living with her brother William in Homington. [Never married.]

3. Mary PERRY, born in Blagdon in Dorset in about 1780. In her father’s will of 1807 she was left a legacy of two hundred ‘pounds of lawful money’. When the national census was taken at the end of March 1851 she was described as a 69 [sic] year old annuitant, living with her daughter, Charlotte and son-in-law, Cornelius Ward in East Challow in Berkshire.  Ten years later she was described as being 80 years old, a fund holder, living with her widowed daughter Charlotte Ward in Oxford. She died in November 1861, aged 81 years.  She was married in Homington on 8 February 1809 to Richard CHILLINGWORTH.

4. William PERRY. In his father’s will of 1807 he was left a legacy of two hundred ‘pounds of lawful money’. When the national census was taken in June 1841 he was living and farming in Homington. He was married in Homington on 15 October 1811 to Maria Elizabeth SCAMMELL.

5. Charles (King) PERRY. In his father’s will of 1807 he was left a legacy of two hundred ‘pounds of lawful money’. When the national census was taken in June 1841 he was living and farming with his brother William in Homington.

6. John PERRY. In his father’s will of 1807 he was left a legacy of two hundred ‘pounds of lawful money’.

Can anyone help ?

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
Re: PERRY from Blagdon?
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 09:05 BST (UK) »
Hi archer2,

Have you had a look at www.dorset-opc.com ?  A great variety of records available online: parish registers, census, directories, etc.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline archer2

• RootsChat Extra
  • Dad (3 Jul 1925 - 26 May 2009)
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 09:30 BST (UK) »
Great tip, thank you !

(No luck there this time.)

Offline nanny jan

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Russian John
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday 28 August 07 14:12 BST (UK) »
Oh dear!  Best to check every month or so as more stuff gets added.

Nanny Jan
Howard , Viney , Kingsman, Pain/e, Rainer/ Rayner, Barham, George, Wakeling (Catherine), Vicary (Frederick)   all LDN area/suburbs  Ottley/ MDX,
Henman/ KNT   Gandy/LDN before 1830  Burgess/LDN
Barham/SFK   Rainer/CAN (Toronto) Gillians/CAN  Sturgeon/CAN (Vancouver)
Bailey/LDN Page/KNT   Paling/WA (var)

All census look-ups are crown copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk