Author Topic: Muirkirk 1851  (Read 2564 times)

Offline Kibble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Muirkirk 1851
« on: Thursday 27 September 07 22:45 BST (UK) »
Looking for James Cameron bc 1832 and brother David bc 1834 in Bathgate to Archibald Cameron and Agnes Speedie.  They were originally cotton weavers but James turned to coal mining.  Family disappeared from Bathgate area after 1841 and turned up Lanarkshire later. 
Possibility they were in Muirkirk area 1851.
Anyone able to help?

Offline barrytroot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Muirkirk 1851
« Reply #1 on: Thursday 15 December 16 09:46 GMT (UK) »
I am researching Archibald Cameron & Agnes Speedie  and David Cameron. David is my wifes's great grandfather. I am looking at Newmilns  and having problrms.

Offline Kibble

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Thursday 15 December 16 13:28 GMT (UK) »
I have a little more information since my last post on this site and happy to share.  Both David and James were in Lesmahagow for a time and James died at a relatively young age while David had a large family.
What info are you looking for and I'll pass it on?

Offline barrytroot

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Thursday 15 December 16 15:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi Thanks for the reply. I have found the Newmilns line to be the wrong one, the father is Thos Cameron and the mother Agness. Tha latest info I have is that David waa born in Born in 1834 in Bathgate Midlothian (Between Glasgow and Edinburgh)

David Cameron 1834 married Marion Lauder 1841 on the 19th August 1859 at Abbeygreen Lesmahagow
Both fathers were deceased at the time of the marriage. Both David and Marion are weavers. David was 24, Marion 18. They both signed the certificate. I think James Cameron died 6 April 1868 in Lesmahagow. I cannot find a decent census for 1851 though?