Author Topic: Lloyd family - advice/suggestions please  (Read 25659 times)

coffeecup

Re: Lloyd family - advice/suggestions please
« Reply #72 on: Friday 19 October 07 19:14 BST (UK) »
Hi, great stuff Gadget.....thanks for the translation too. Certainly seems a remote area by your description. I think it might be one of the missing ED's but I going through what's available again just in case I've missed something, now you have given me a better idea of where to look. 

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline Familysearcher07

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: Saturday 24 October 15 19:06 BST (UK) »
Hi "Coffee Cup"

I'm not sure you're even still on here as it says 2007 when you were having these chats and it's now 2015.  Some news!  John Holmes & Miriam did have a child but Miriam was 44 at that time.  She was called Margaretta Anne and she was my great-grandmother on the paternal side.  My dad is still alive and he's 85 soon.  I've had one heck of a struggle finding out anything about John and Miriam so that's why I just did a google search.  I've come into this conversation blind so not sure what your connection is, but clearly it's on Miriam's side.  I'm new to this ancestry search but I've bought my great grandmother's birth cert and Mother is Miriam Holmes (formerly Lloyd) and father is John Holmes.  My granddad was Margaretta's son.  Hope this helps and would be great to hear from you or anyone else still searching.  Btw, I'm still in North Wales. 

Cheers

FS07

Offline J.J.

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • Census Crown © www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: Saturday 24 October 15 23:37 BST (UK) »
Awe, so sorry, as coffee cup signed in as a guest and never posted any more queries, so we don't even have a way to contact them as inactive users can't be messaged. ( One has to have at least two posts, )    adding: Not sure why there is no access to the message system for coffecup as there are several posts...

Welcome to Rootschat, however, Familysearcher07...Now you'd said you were having trouble find some things on the family so you can snag this thread and ask more questions on here, or read up on the site, beginners info available see link below, and delve in with a thread of you own.

Here is advice...don't post there though...http://www.rootschat.com/forum/how-to-use-rootschat/
all the best, J.J.
"We search for information, but the burden of proof is always with the thread owner" J.J.

Canadian  census  transcribed  data  ©2005 www.AutomatedGenealogy.com

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: Tuesday 27 October 15 14:41 GMT (UK) »
Hi Familysearcher07,

Welcome to RootsChat.  I am very sorry but coffee cup requested that we delete the profile we have no records or way of contacting them now.

Regards

Sarah
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Familysearcher07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 11:51 BST (UK) »
Hi all

I see it's some years since this exchange happened so hope you're still around.  I am Miriam Lloyd's great great grand-daughter.  Her daughter Margaretta Ann was my great grandmother and Margaretta's son, John William Holmes was my paternal grandfather.

I'm yet to work out all that's been said in the trail but let me tell you what I know.  Miriam had 4 children in total, John Roberts (about whom I can't find out anything) and then Emmanuel and Zachariah.  All were born illegitimately but then in 1866 she married John Holmes, hence my great great grandmother taking the legitimate name of Holmes.  She had a son prior to my grandad but that was also illegitimate and he died as a young child (born 1889 and died 1890 and also called Zechariah).  Margaretta was in service in Llangollen and that's where she conceived my grandad.  They lived there until he was 18 and then they moved to Rhyl on the coast.

My suspicions, albeit possibly unfounded, are that grandad's father was a Joseph Davies of Salop, Oswestry, Shropshire. Only he and she were in service in the house in 1891 at 34 Regent St, Llangollen, LL20 8HW.  The house still stands.  My grandfather was born 1892.  Margaretta never married and had a tough life.  She died in 1934 vol 11B page 357 of the England Wales death index 1916-2007.  She is buried in Rhyl with my aunt (Glenys) who died as a child of meningitus.

Re Miriam, as stated she did marry John Holmes but from what I can gather, he died very shortly after Margaretta's birth, hence Miriam in 1871 in the census living with her mother Margaret now aged 89, her 2 sons Zachariah and Emmanuel and 4 year old Margaretta Ann.

I would love to hear from any distant relatives so hope this is picked up.  My dad (Noel Holmes) is 85 and he is the son of John William.  I am putting together both of my parents family histories on ancestry. 

Best regards

Offline sarah

• Administrator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • RootsChat Co-Founder
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 11:59 BST (UK) »
Hello Familysearcher07,

Welcome back to RootsChat :)

As coffeecup is no longer contactable it maybe worth you starting off you own new topic on your family. If you wish I am able to split off your last reply as a new topic for you.

Regards

Sarah :)
For Help on how to post an Image on RootsChat
http://www.rootschat.com/forum/index.php?topic=459330.0

If you have been helped on RootsChat be sure to spread the word!

UK Census info. Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Familysearcher07

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 12:18 BST (UK) »
Hi Sarah

Thank you - any help would be much appreciated as am feeling my feet a little.  I've tried sending pm to 2 on here and they say they're sent but no sign in my messages.  Confused!  If you can include Gadget and Hiraeth in the new post that would be great? 

Kind regards

Offline Gadget

• RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: Tuesday 09 August 16 12:21 BST (UK) »
Hi

Just got your PM.
I'm busy this afternoon but will try and read through the thread tonight.

Gadget
Census &  BMD information Crown Copyright www.nationalarchives.gov.uk and GROS - www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

***Restorers - Please do not use my restores without my permission. Thanks***