Author Topic: 1851 census - Zebedee RUST  (Read 1310 times)

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
1851 census - Zebedee RUST
« on: Friday 24 December 04 07:58 GMT (UK) »
Hi,
I am trying to find Zebedee and Sophia RUST and family on the 1851 census. In 1847 they had a son, George born in Hilgay. In 1852 they had a son, Michael, born in Fordham (next village to Hilgay). They are living in Hilgay on all the later census, so where are they in 1851?
Zebedee was born 1814 in West Bilney and Sophia was born 1819 in Hilgay.
Thanks for any help
Norfolkgal
Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
Re: 1851 census - Zebedee RUST
« Reply #1 on: Saturday 25 December 04 21:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi there
Merry Christmas.

I am doing this because I can't stand East Enders!

I can't see your Zeberdee but I can see a relation of his in Michael Rust & family including Zebedee aged 1 still in Bilney.

Could they have been in Cambridgeshire somewhere?

I will be in touch in the new year regarding the Rix family.  Lots on at present!

Teddybear
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.

Offline norfolkgal

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: Sunday 26 December 04 15:13 GMT (UK) »
Thanks, Teddybear,
 I do have the rest of my RUSTs on the 1851 census in Norfolk but just can't find Zebedee and his wife Sophia. I have looked on the Cambridgeshire 1851 index and can't see them there. A few people have checked various Suffolk indexes for me and they are not there either.  I suppose they may have been missed off the census.
Are the Benefers you are after from King's Lynn?

Norfolkgal
Nfk-ADCOCK,BOWMAN,BRUNDLE,BULLEN,CARNELL,CLARK,CURTIS, DOWNING,DUFFIELD,DUNN,EVERETT,FINCHAM,FULLER,GAPLEY,GUYMER, HARRIS,HENSBY,HOWSE,HUBBARD,KENT,LINCOLN,MANN,MASON,MILES,
MITCHELL,NEAL,PAGE,PALMER,PIGOTT,RATTHAM,RICHES,RIX,RUST,
SCOTT,STEGGLES,THOMPSON,TILLS,WALE,WHITE
Cambs-BUZZARD,CRICK,COX,DARLEY,FLINDERS,GARRETT,GREEN, GROUNDS,HOLLINSTEAD,NORMAN,PAYNE,TYERS,WILKINSON
Sfk-BULL,COWELL,FINCHAM,MASON,TOKELOVE,TRETT
Chesh-BLACKBRUFF,BROWN,BURNS,LEAH,MAJOR,NOMEN,ROBERTS,
ROBINSON,WARING

Offline teddybear1843

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: Sunday 26 December 04 19:53 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Benefers, yes from Lynn.  All Benefers are from Lynn, well the ones I know of are all descended from the Lynn family, so all related to me somewhere along the line.  Do you have an interest in them too?

Love to hear if you do.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Teddy
Bear, Burrows, Burroughs, Goll, Mayes, Yull, Bacon, Harvey, Fenn, Youngman, Jary, Lake, Chesney, Yaxley, Freestone, Briggs, Carrington, Frarey, Blaxter, Bennefer, Gosman, Howard, Wildman, Woodbine, Jessop, Taylor, Walpole, etc etc  all in Norfolk.
Weasenham village history and families connected to the villages of Weasenham All Saints & Saint Peter in Norfolk.  Happy to carry out research in Norfolk.  Please PM for details.