Author Topic: Curries of Moffat  (Read 4663 times)

Offline meandcupcake

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Curries of Moffat
« Reply #9 on: Thursday 15 November 07 01:12 GMT (UK) »
Many thanks, Gadget.  I will contact the D and G FHS and Ewart Library.  Lynne
Smith, Webster, Cruickshank of Aberdeenshire<br />Smith, Legg of Banffshire<br />Smith, Corrie, Thomson, Lockerby of Dumfriesshire

Offline specialkg

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: Thursday 15 November 07 08:58 GMT (UK) »
I didn't manage to check the later newspapers yesterday but I had a look on Scotland's People this morning and there is a George Melville Currie who died in Moffat in 1956.  Could this be your guy?  Or do you know he was living after this year?

Betty

Offline meandcupcake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: Thursday 15 November 07 16:16 GMT (UK) »
Yes, Betty!  That must be my George.   Now I might be able to get an obituary from the newspaper since I'm narrowed down  to the year.  I wrote the Dumfries and Galloway Family History Society.  They may be able to help as well.  Many thanks for your help.  Lynne
Smith, Webster, Cruickshank of Aberdeenshire<br />Smith, Legg of Banffshire<br />Smith, Corrie, Thomson, Lockerby of Dumfriesshire

Offline currie27

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: Sunday 20 May 12 22:12 BST (UK) »
hi , i just found you post about George Melville Currie  he was my maternal great grand father and i have loads of family tree info if you still need it , he was infact married twice, widowed the first time and had 7 children and 1 step child . He died on 19/11/1956, my grandmother was his oldest child born in 1904 Ronald the youngest in 1926.
currie, ferguson, maceachen,

Offline meandcupcake

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: Thursday 24 May 12 15:07 BST (UK) »
currie27

just read your post.   I descend through Thomas Currie, George's younger brother.  I was at Moffat a couple of years ago trying to find George's grave, but not knowing where the "G" section was, trying to read headstones in the pouring rain, I gave up.  I will have to dig out my Currie notes.  I too have loads of information to share.  I will send you a private message when I get myself organized....Lynne