Author Topic: Abbott?  (Read 4393 times)

Offline suebristol

• I am sorry but my email address is no longer working
  • RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Abbott?
« on: Tuesday 20 November 07 21:48 GMT (UK) »
hi anyone have any links to a Moses Abbott ?
I have posted on the Brrecon list as I am not sure were they could be. only info is He married a Lady from S Wales? and her name was Charlotte... not a lot of information is it?

long time ago I was  either in Hereford we had to change Trains for Brecon were my Dad was in Talgarth Sanatorium.... or Brecon it self ..
Give you an idea of the dates the American Soldiers were there in this place Hereford of Brecon!!
I was taken by my Nanna to see this lady in small terraced houses who I was informed was a relation !! and all her kids were named after Flowers  ::) Girls I presume and thats my lot!!  :(
Any one have Lily ivy daisy etc in Abbott families?
The other info I have is that Moses Abbott was killed on the railway  dates have to be after ww1...thanks for reading this

Sue x
Abbott.Roberts.  Flintshire/Debighshire
Oldfield. Turner Paryy Jones/ Northop Flint.

Offline muddy48

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile

Offline muddy48

• RootsChat Member
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Abbott?
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 06:52 GMT (UK) »
more ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/wales/mid/sites/family_history/pages/canyouhelp.shtml
Iris Abbott from Australia wants to trace relatives in Tregaron before visitng the area in late 2007.

Iris:"I am living in Australia but intend to visit Tregaron, Mid Wales at the end of the year. I am trying to trace my g-grandmother and g- grandfather. The information I have is gg was Winifred Rees born 1838 Tregaron, she married Thomas Bell from Leicestershire. They were married on 6th May 1865 Parish of Caron. Thomas died 6th May 1873 in Llangafelach, Swansea. Winifred Rees family lived at 168 & 33 Mill Street, Tregaron. When she married she lived at New Row? Tyare. Any information would be appreciated before we arrive in Wales. "

http://studymore.org.uk/4_13_ta.htm#Wales

http://archiver.rootsweb.ancestry.com/th/read/WLS-BRECONSHIRE/2002-01/1010339584

Offline Manchester Rambler

• Global Moderator
  • RootsChat Marquessate
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday 06 December 11 08:04 GMT (UK) »
This is an old post, and Sue hasn't been online for a while, but in case she's still looking...

I can't see any marriage on the GRO index between Moses ABBOTT and a Charlotte. 

The only death I can see post-WW1 is Moses ABBOTT born 1891, died 1985, Southend on Sea registration district.

There are 2 marriages for a Moses ABBOTT, possibly both for the same man: (1) to Elizabeth A THOMPSON in 1915 in Rochford district, and (2) to Edith E PRENTICE in 1941 in Southend district.

Moses Abbott is an uncommon name, and the 1891 birth is the latest I can see in England/Wales.  :-\

Rambler
ANT: Nesbit, Potts; CHS: Gosling (Hazel Grove/Lymm), Hinton (Lymm), Johnson (Hazel Grove), Marsland (Hazel Grove), Massey (Daresbury), Sorton (Warmingham); LAN: Jackson, James, Potts (Manchester/Salford); MAY: Caulfield, Griffin (Leveelick); SAL: Goodwin, Johnson (Bridgnorth), Gregory (Wellington); STS: Goodwin, Gregory, Johnson (Wolverhampton); Hallett (Trysull); SOM: Dowding, James, Jones (Bath)

Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline RCB

• RootsChat Veteran
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday 07 December 11 13:00 GMT (UK) »
Sue what sort of ages were the girls with names like Daisy Abbott etc.  Using FreeBMD you can find birth registrations for Daisy, Rose, etc, and with the mothers maiden name then enter both surnames to see other children. I found a family with births registered Teeside, no reason why they wouldn't have been in the Brecon area during the war, Violet 1924, Rose 1927, Lilian 1929, and then Ada?  When I used Daisy Abbott and found a family registered in Pontypridd? but her sibblings were Meriel, Edgar and David.
There are all sorts of possibilities that can make this hard work, Moses may have been using his middle name.  The children my be from an earlier marriage and not Abbott by birth.  Electoral registers are probably your best bet or somebody with local knowlege. good luck.