Author Topic: William Walter Roberts Fursman 1864  (Read 10121 times)

Offline TreeOfNames

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
Re: William Walter Roberts Fursman 1864
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday 14 February 12 17:48 GMT (UK) »
Hi

Just to let everyone know i am still researching the tree a bit at a time...

Other names i have an interest in

Cary - hawkins - hussey/hussy - chadderblank or chaddarblank - morgan - hill - foxworthy - honeybun - sturmey

All from the Dorset and Devon areas
Bowden, Beck, Berry, Biles, Blank,Bowditch, Bowering, Bridle, Bull, Burt, Carter, Cary/Carey, Childs, Cossins, Davis,Day, Dowling, Edwards, Ferris, Follett, Foxworthy, Frank, Fursman, Gale, Galpin, Gibbings, Goodenaugh, Grant, Green, Greening, Hawker, Hawkins, Head, Herbert, Hill, Honeybun,Hussey, Keats, Kershaw, Lakeman, Lawrence, Miller,Newham, Northover, Pitman, Randell, Reade, Rigler, Seymour, Stephens, Still, Sturmey, Symes, Thomas, Trevett, Walbridge, Warren, Wild, Williams.

Offline londonworker

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Friday 11 May 12 01:15 BST (UK) »
William Walter Roberts Fursman was my great grandfather dob 11/8/1863 son of Elizabeth born 1829 daughter of Joseph Fursman and Susannah Roberts (Rosina). Joseph was born in 1805 and died in 1871 and was married on 22/11/1827. Joseph was the son of Joseph Fursman and Sarah Moss who were married on 7/10/1802

My Aunt lives in Bridport and I think much of this information was gleaned from either tombstones or church or county records.

My sister has done much more research on our family and I have heard a story about one of our ancestors who went to live with an uncle(?) and got some girl pregnant but never married her and then later married someone else and gave the son of that marriage the same first name as the illegitimate son. Don't know if it is the same one as this William but might be.

Offline Fursmanfamily

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday 04 August 15 17:31 BST (UK) »
Rosina had a brother William, I think your find he was the father to Elizabeths child William.