Author Topic: BLIGHT in Sth Australia  (Read 15963 times)

Offline SASHAR

• RootsChat Aristocrat
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: BLIGHT in Sth Australia
« Reply #36 on: Saturday 08 January 11 00:50 GMT (UK) »
In the Biographical Index of Sth Australia, Adam Reid is listed as a shoemaker but no indication of where he has come from.
On the marriage certificate in 1885 of his son Michael he is listed as a shoemaker.
He died in 1898 at Pt Augusta west, about 22yrs after his wife Mary.   She is buried at Georgetown but he isn't.
I suspect he is in the Old Pt Augusta Cemetery of which there are no records and only a few remaining headstones.   I believe you can't enter the cemetery anymore.
There are no father's names on the marriage record of Adam and Mary to research back to his origins.   There must be some connection to the name LOVELL through the REID or KENNELLY side as it pops up as a middle name with John & Helena BLIGHT nee Reid's children and also in my line with Thomas and Catherine SMITH nee Reid's children.

Arthur DAVIS was born c1850, his father was Thomas.   When Arthur married Elizabeth Jane BLIGHT in 1897 he was 47 and he married in his mothers home at Wilmington.   I presume then that his father had died by then.   I haven't really researched further for this side so will have a look sometime today to see if I can find anything further.   

If you post 1 more message you can contact me or Susy privately.

Regards,
Sashar
Researching:
Ireland: Farrelly, Brady, Bourke/Burke & poss Smyth/Smith, Connor
Scotland: Paterson, MacGregor, Graham
Derbyshire:  Richardson, Bryer
Germany/Prussia:  Hein, Nuske, Milich, Baum
Australia: Farrelly, Paterson, Richardson, Hein, Milich, Smith/Smyth

Offline krisesjoint

• RootsChat Honorary
  • RootsChat Marquessate
  • Its my Party - I can eat cake
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: Monday 24 January 11 01:28 GMT (UK) »
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Offline Heng

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 12:01 BST (UK) »
Hi all,
Sad news but not unexpected, my delightful Aunt from Bunderberg has passed over, saddened but heard that she was delighted with our contact.
She had her 93rd birthday in Feb, i spoke to her niece who said that our chats had pleased her very much,
Thanks for everyone help previously, have a little hole in my heart at the moment.
Susy

Offline jenwindy

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 15:28 BST (UK) »
Hi Susy, Sorry to hear about your Aunt at Bunderberg. The elderly are a wonderful source of information, we all have so much to learn about our ancestors. I have been able to trace the Davis family back to Thomas and Matilda who sailed to Australia 31st Jan 1849 from Plymouth on the "Stebonheath".
I have hit a stone wall with the Blight family. Only able to go back to Adam Reid m Mary Kennelly 2nd Sept 1854. Children Helena Eleanor 1855, Mary Jane 1858, Michael 1863, Catherine 1867, Adam Tennant 1867, Annie 1872, Sarah Ann 1875.
Jenwindy

Offline Heng

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: Wednesday 20 April 11 23:58 BST (UK) »
Hi,
You are correct, my Aunt give me a lot of information.

I do not know anything about the Blights except what i wrote.
Mother was not a Blight, her sister Florence was and i know there was a brother also his name was Grant.
Think there are a lot of relatives scattered around Wirrabara, Booleroo etc

Offline nathanharley

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: Saturday 27 February 16 11:10 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Mother was not a Blight, her sister Florence was and i know there was a brother also his name was Grant.

Hi all, i'm on a mission (are not we all?) to further my understanding of my ancestors in South Australia, in particular a Henry Yeing, born 1844 in South Australia, died 1918. There was a user last active on here in June 2011, HENG, she is a Yeing, i think she may have some helpfully knowledge into my families history. Is there any way to contact Susy AKA "HENG". Henry (Harry) Yeing is my GGG Grandfather (on my grandmothers side, i think thats right...)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nate

Offline tropicalj

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • six grandkids
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: Sunday 28 February 16 03:24 GMT (UK) »
Hi,

Hi all, i'm on a mission (are not we all?) to further my understanding of my ancestors in South Australia, in particular a Henry Yeing, born 1844 in South Australia, died 1918. There was a user last active on here in June 2011, HENG, she is a Yeing, i think she may have some helpfully knowledge into my families history. Is there any way to contact Susy AKA "HENG". Henry (Harry) Yeing is my GGG Grandfather (on my grandmothers side, i think thats right...)

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Nate

Hi  there Nate
You would be  best to start a  new thread or  topic   with all  the information  you  have to hand, that way  more  members will see your request and be able to help you
regards Jenn

regards  Jenn
When you search for ancestors, you find great friends!
I live in Townsville researching
TOWNSEND,PINNEGAR, STRANGE, PULLEN, GRIFFIN from Wiltshire,,
SHOEBRIDGE, VINALL, BRINDLE, Kent
BAYLEY, Dorset,Yorkshire,
HAIR, Durham,
CUMMINS, BROWNLESS from Yorkshire,
EDSALL,  Cornwall,
MORGAN, HENNESSY, BAKER,  Ireland.
VAN REYK Sri Lanka
All Census Look Ups Are Crown Copyright from www.nationalarchives.gov.au

Offline anoo22

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: Thursday 21 September 17 13:13 BST (UK) »
just received my father's adoption papers today and his birth mother was listed as violet dorothy yeing with 12 children and a widow in oct 1952. tryimg to trace my father's birth family if possible