Author Topic: Killearn Gamekeeper  (Read 16824 times)

Offline ojay20

• RootsChat Extra
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
Re: Killearn Gamekeeper
« Reply #18 on: Sunday 28 April 13 21:30 BST (UK) »
Killearn Gamekeepers,todate I have found  7 no Gamekeepers in the PAUL family:
Robert Paul      -1804-1885
Janet Gardner  -1805-1904  Spouse

Robert Paul      -1843-1929
Annie Norval    - 1850-1910 Spouse

James N Paul   - 1881-1958
Jane Hamilton  - 1880-1970

Robert Paul      -1871-1895   death,shotgun accident
john Paul         - 1887-1976
walter Paul      -1878-1935

Robert Paul     -1909-1986
Agnes M Bain  -1905-1986

Robert 1843-James 1881- Robert 1909 all worked at Duntreath Castle,Strathblane,total service 114 yrs.
Can anyone help with the Parents of Walter Paul 1755-1808 and Margaret Watson,I am 100% certain of all the others,have family data on record,
Jamesnpaul
[/quote
I have just found all this and it has really intrigued me. I was directed to this site while searching for details of my grandmother Jessie McDonald whose husband was Walter Paul. I knew I was related to Jackie Stewart. but did not know exactly how. My maiden name is Paul and we did not know till recently that my grandfather had so many siblings.  Do you have the tree recorded on ancestry.com so myself and cousins can see it. My father Archibald Paul was 1 of 8 children so it was a big family.

Offline jamesnpaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: Monday 29 April 13 08:06 BST (UK) »
Hello ojay20,
Thanks for the mail,yes,I am on ancestry.com,the PAUL tree has the detail,please contact me thro Ancestry.com,be really pleased,
Regards,
Jamesnpaul78

Offline ojay20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: Monday 29 April 13 09:02 BST (UK) »
Hi-Hume ,EV,ANN.Many thanks for your interest,  ANN has identified my great  grandfather Robert Paul and greatgrand mother Annie norval of which I have a portrait .I also now have the date of Robert jnrs death.Another piece in the jigsaw.

On the subject of Maggie Young, Roberts intended she may have been carrying his child?

regards Roony.

Hi Roony,  We are related as my grandfather was Walter Paul ( who had 8 children with Jessie McDonald) and we knew of the link to Jackie Stewart. I have a photo of Grandpa Walter but would be interested in seeing the one you have of his parents. Is this on the internet somewhere?
Thanks Olivia

Offline jamesnpaul

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: Monday 29 April 13 11:36 BST (UK) »
Hello,
See your reply to Roony,he is my Cousin,Annie Norval is our joint G,G Grandmother,yours also I think?.
Note your comments re 8 children by Jessie and Walter,I have 2 only,is it possible to give a list of names,dates,you may be my second cousin... ,need to mark email contact.
Best Regards,
Jamesnpaul78

Offline ojay20

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: Monday 29 April 13 22:39 BST (UK) »
Hello,
See your reply to Roony,he is my Cousin,Annie Norval is our joint G,G Grandmother,yours also I think?.
Note your comments re 8 children by Jessie and Walter,I have 2 only,is it possible to give a list of names,dates,you may be my second cousin... ,need to mark email contact.
Best Regards,
Jamesnpaul78
Happy to do this once I have found my way around ancestry.com as I seemed to be directed to a site "Mundia" today which had a warning with it that it was unsecured.  Will get in touch with one of my other cousins who has been researching family for a few years and will have allthe dates etc.

Offline Robneve

• RootsChat Senior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: Monday 06 May 13 17:55 BST (UK) »
Hi Roony.

I have sent you a P.M. on this.

Robert was born on December 2, 1871 in Strathblane and died as you said, of a shotgun accident on October 19, 1875.  He was my wife's second cousin.  At the moment, I do not know what happened to Maggie.

Regards,
Rob.

Offline charmonium

• RootsChat Extra
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday 04 February 14 18:38 GMT (UK) »
Hi Ojay20

Can't reply to your message - not enough posts I think

Anne Norval (mRobert Paul was my ggaunt). Just know story about Jackie Stewart through mother and probably she heard through her father. Don't have conclusive proof of the Margaret Young's son being Robert Paul's child but birth record has Paul as middle name. I believe there was other circumstantial evidence fitting the family story but that was researched by my mother and I am not fully familiar with it.

Offline lyle davis

• RootsChat Pioneer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: Tuesday 21 February 17 18:54 GMT (UK) »
a question for LindsaySiam regarding the McKinley's. You noted: 'I have also another Paul connection - a Margaret Ann Paul (daughter of George Paul and Margaret McKinley) married Robert Scott of Killearn in 1895. Robert was my 1C3R, I have a suspicion - unchecked - that Margaret McKinley was also connected to me.'
My great grandmother was Mary McKinley from the Killearn area. She arrived in Canada March 1881 at the age of 18, with Walter Buchanan (19), and they were married at that time or shortly after. I wonder if Margaret and Mary are related, maybe sisters?

Offline Anderson

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday 14 November 18 09:54 GMT (UK) »
Hi James, found your name in Ancestry as being related to the Anderson family of Denny Stirlingshire Scotland. Would like to make contact with you.
Regards
Anderson
Scotland - Stirlingshire area:
Anderson - Moffat - Comrie - Rankin - Reid - Sneddon-Snaddon

Scotland - Renfrewshire - Thorn - Johnstone:
Speirs - Watson - Fillans - Logie

England - Leeds - Yorkshire:
Oddy - Littlewood

England - Sudbury - Suffolk
Hempstead - French - Newell - Healey - Cole - Andrews

England - Staplehurst - Kent
Alchin - Waters