Author Topic: Fife Surname connections  (Read 19469 times)

Offline Finley 1

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • a digital one for now real one espere
    • View Profile
Re: Fife Surname connections
« Reply #27 on: Thursday 03 December 15 18:00 GMT (UK) »
hello,

I have Kidds and Hunters... but haven't worked them all yet.  maybe will have time one day :)

xin

Offline firstgenpiper

• RootsChat Pioneer
  • Census information Crown Copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 05:06 BST (UK) »
I hope there are people who are reading this forum. My parents were James and Martha Currie (nee McDonagh) who emigrated to the US in 1949. They and the rest of my family lived in Methil and Buckhaven. I'm trying without the aid of documents to go back a few more generations. To the best of my knowledge, my father's parents were Patrick(?) and Elizabeth (Forbes) and my mother's parents were Michael McDonagh and Mary (Anderson?). Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Offline Forfarian

• RootsChat Marquessate
  • http://www.rootschat.com/links/01ruz/
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday 06 July 21 13:52 BST (UK) »
I'm trying without the aid of documents to go back a few more generations.
You should be able to find all the documents you need at www.scotlandspeople.gov.uk

James Currie and Martha McDonach were married in Buckhaven in 1937. You can download a copy of the marriage certificate, which will tell you their ages when they married and the full names of their parents including their mothers' maiden surnames.

Then you can work back from there.
Never trust anything you find online (especially submitted trees and transcriptions on Ancestry, MyHeritage, FindMyPast and other commercial web sites) unless it's an image of an original document - and even then be wary because errors can and do occur.