Author Topic: John William White/Bradford/Leeds/Barnsley  (Read 1228 times)

Offline lonk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
John William White/Bradford/Leeds/Barnsley
« on: Sunday 09 January 05 19:24 GMT (UK) »
Looking for any connections to John William White born as William White 9th August 1875 Barnsley moved to Bradford was working on a farm in Tong on the 1891 census.  next address I have is 66 portland crescent Leeds in 1913 supposed to have joined the army under age

Regards Lorraine
White  Barnsley Nottingham Bradford Rotherham
Keywood Nottingham Denaby
Elliott Rotherham Ecclesfield Sheffield
Battersby  Rotherham Derbyshire

Offline gennig

• RootsChat Aristocrat
    • View Profile
Re: John William White/Bradford/Leeds/Barnsley
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 05:01 GMT (UK) »
Hi Lorraine

Are you looking for a specific thing ie. 1881 census etc.  Who were his parents?  I have found a possible family on the census. 

Cheers
Genni
All census look up transcriptions are Crown copyright, from www.nationalarchives.gov.uk

Surnames:
Armstrong, Gray, Greco, Lambden, Le Busque, Beaton, Carron, Pitt, Gould
Areas:
Victoria, Tasmania, Hampshire, Berkshire, Yorkshire, Fermanagh, Glamorgan

Offline lonk

• RootsChat Member
    • View Profile
Re: John William White/Bradford/Leeds/Barnsley
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday 01 February 05 22:18 GMT (UK) »
Hi Genni

I have him on the 1881 census living in Darton Barnsley living with his great aunt as an adopted son His mother died when he was 4  and his father left him with his Great Aunt Elizabeth Poppleton . I have him on the 1891 Census working on a farm in Tongue Bradford  The poppleton family moved there between 1881 and 1891  He would have been in the Boer War in 1901but we cannot find his Army records as he also served in the first world war but his records were among the ones that were destroyed in the fire . The only time we have him  before 1913 is two addresses on my Aunts birth certificate 66 Portland Crescent Leeds and  7 Rawson Road Bradford.  Leeds was his address and Rawson Road was my Grandmothers address . They didn't Marry as my grandfather was already married (Dont know who to but was supposed to have two children) when he started  his family with my grandmother. They moved to Rotherham after 1913 . Was hoping someone may have a connection with the same family.

Thanks Lorraine
White  Barnsley Nottingham Bradford Rotherham
Keywood Nottingham Denaby
Elliott Rotherham Ecclesfield Sheffield
Battersby  Rotherham Derbyshire